BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I finished my scouting today. Highpoint was further than I thought, about 70 miles from East Village NYC. The trip there took me 1 hour and 40 minutes largely because of the single lane roads of Route 23 with a 35MPH speed limit. Route 23 is a fun road to drive having lots of curves.

Meeting Time: 11.30am at Highpoint NJ on Friday

**M5s with BMW Navigation**
I have also concluded from this trip that the BMW navigation is a piece of ****! Believe it or not, I had to buy a map to get to Highpoint. Only when I was approaching Highpoint that the BMW nav's search response gave me Highpoint State Park. OK for those of you who want to go to Highpoint yourselves, enter this into your Nav.

City: Wantage, NJ (after you key in wantage, go to index and find Wantage Twp, Sussex, NJ)

-After entering the city, hit the "Information" button
-Hit the "Information of Destination" Button
-Scroll to "Parks/Recreation/??" button

you should see Highpoint State Park listed. Unfortunately the GPS will not take you all the way into the park. It stops assisting you about 1-3 miles before you reach the park entrance. Just go on Rt 23 for another 1-3 miles, the road will split into 2 roads. Take the right bend and go into the Park entrance. I drove into the park and tried to look for a meeting spot. The best one will be the "beach parking" lot. Follow the road till you see a large carpark on your right (beach carpark).

**Cars without BMW Nav**
If you guys need a marker, for those blessed for not having the BMW nav, the marker will be:

High Point Chevrolet
2 WALLING AVE
SUSSEX, NJ 07461-2219
Phone: (973) 875-6101
Fax: (973) 875-3431

It's just off Route 23. After you see the dealership, just continue on Route 23 North all the way for another 15 miles or so. The junction gets weird near the chevy dealer, make sure you're on Route 23. Continue on Rt 23 and you'll see signboards posting "Highpoint State Park". In about 1 mile or so, the road will split into 2 roads. Take the right bend and go into the Park entrance. Follow the road till you see a large carpark on your right (beach carpark).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts