BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my beast progresses on the slow but ineluctable march towards pure track car, I have made the decision, albeit not without substantial ambivalence, to part with my beloved Recaro Sortster CS seats in favor of fixed-back racing seats. The Recaro Sportster CS seats are stunning in an LMB car, black with blue inserts, and are pictured here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...16-recaro-sportster-cs-seat-installation.html.

The seats are in extremely good condition and include E39-specific brackets and Recaro sliders that now work very nicely. I also will throw in the seat occupancy resistor setup I used to eliminate the airbag light and the steering column adjustment module, thereby avoiding having to hack up your stock driver's seat to extract it.

This is just a feeler, given my ambivalence, but my proposed pricing is $2400 for the entire setup, which is less than 2/3 what I paid for it without the electrical bits. Local pickup in Richmond, Virginia or, with some payment (to Adam and me) for the hassle and cost, I can deliver them for pickup at Clemster's garage in Maryland. Way too much hassle to ship.

Please PM me with indications of interest. Thanks.

--Peter

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Were they custom ordered with the blue, or upholstered custom after the fact? Too bad you didn't get them with imola inserts....you'd be shipping them to WI right now ;)

Reactions: Mitchubishievo

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Recaro Seats

Definitely interested. :1:

--Ray

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Awesome deal!!! Congrats to the new owner!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
That was fast. I heard the new owner is going to put them behind glass as a relic from the herrubermensch car. $5 per viewing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts