BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauging interest:

I have a set of original E39 LCI ("Angel Eye") Hella headlamps (housings only no ballasts or bulbs) that I picked up to do a euro conversion. They are off of an early 2002 so they are able to be baked open.

The adjusters were broken, but I've installed brand new ones. I am to a point where I can either put the original Hella lenses with the amber corners (in very good shape) back on, *or* I can put on a brand new set of euro-style aftermarket lenses.

The housings have a couple of imperfections that I'll be repairing with epoxy. Mounting tabs are intact.

I'd like to finish up this project and move on to restoring some genuine euro lights that I scored.

If you are serious about either combination, shoot me an offer, and I'll wrap up the work and send it your way soon!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry for the vague first post, folks.

Here are some pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/v8bupydvu6lwd2l/AADu-HJ77E3_210jIvmZ8uqca

Basically, I started a project, and went another route. I'm looking to sell bake-able lights to someone, or finish it up a bit more and sell it at an appropriately higher price. Given the extra time and expense, I'd rather just sell as-is (open) or with the Hella amber lenses. I am still willing to order euro *aftermarket* lenses and put those on for a non DIY buyer.

Shoot me offers, worst I will say is "no".

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

When I went to clean these up to shoot a video for the buyer, I found out that the passenger housing is missing the front clip where the body-painted trim piece attaches. This is something that's beyond my ability to fix properly. I imagine you'd be able to just glue the trim piece down if you were so inclined, but I imagine most folks on here would not want to do that. I know I wouldn't.

I'll be parting these out. I wish I could edit the FS title as it's quite misleading now.

nightcrawler: Sure! I'll sell the amber-cornered Hellas. Take a good look at the pictures so you can see the condition and shot me a PM with your offer. There is pitting, but no UV fading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts