BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

After the very successful meet at the very hospitable Evolve Automotive, with some new friends made and some great banter flying around, I thought I'd try for another meet. There really is a great little community that we have here and the more we see each other the more we can help each other and get to know more people. It also helps with how conversations turn out on here because you never really get to know someone unless you speak with them face to face.

For those of you who haven't been to the Grasshopper Inn, it's a great pub/restaurant/hotel, and it is huge with huge character to go with it. Obviously it is quite southerly for which I apologise to you northerners, but it is such a great venue, with lots of parking and very welcoming too. I went there after work today and have spoken with the head office girl Vikki, who is willing to lay out a table for whatever size we require in the carvery, and I may be able to work out a good price for a large booking for lunch so lets get some sort of date to work with.

Lets say Sunday 10th July, if that's too soon for people to work around then let me know, I've just plucked a date out of the air. We shouldn't leave it too long though. Also if a Saturday is preferred by most we'll go for that.

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
268 Posts
Silverstone F1 on the 10th ;)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahhhhh! Well spotted shall we say 17th? ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Probably can't make the 17th, got a 40th Birthday party on the Saturday night,i'm going to be in no fit state the next day as this party is going to be a good one ! Then picking up the kids from my parents the next day about lunch time.

Simon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
As a new owner, i was gutted to miss the Evolve Dyno day due to being at Le Mans, but would be great to meet some new fellow owners, so I'm in!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The 17th of July is the Uxbridge Auto show. There are a number of M5 ownes attending from both this forum and others.

May be late Aug would be better ?

As in July you have

Bimmerflex 1st weekend
Santa Pod 2nd weekend
Uxbridge 3rd Weekend
Bealiu 4th Weekend

Then Gaydon 2nd weekend of Aug

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm glad I didn't put a date in the thread title lol. Ok any advance on the Sunday 7th or 21st August?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I think we should go for August Lee. You not coming to Uxbridge mate as it looks a proper show with loads of classics not just BM's ?

I will be making a beeline for the yank stand amongst other things :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can't mate I'm working, would be good though. You should have a great time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah August is deff better I think, but just to add another spanner in the works don't forget that the 27th Aug is bank holiday weekend !

So alot of people may be away.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah August is deff better I think, but just to add another spanner in the works don't forget that the 27th Aug is bank holiday weekend !

So alot of people may be away.
That's ok we're saying 7th or 21st at the moment

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Si happy birthday mate, what are you doing on here get down the pub man!

·
Registered
8 Posts
7th August sounds good ... I hopefully going to be at Uxbridge ( although not booked it yet ) and definitely at Beaulie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
ColinC2
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing