BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about possibly selling the Bilsteing PSS kit and going to a koni setup. the car rides nice and, not harsh but i guess im getting old and am looking for something just a little softer. the kit is about a year old with less than 1k mi on it. right now im running hypercoil 350lb/200lb f/r springs with the kit, the rears will come with the upper perches and adapters to run a straight linear 60mm or 2.5in spring. stock bilstein springs will be included also of course. i paid a bit over $1k for the kit last year, around $350 for the springs, $100 for the rear upper perches, and another $100 for the eibach 60mm to 2.5in adapters. pretty sure im gonna do it so im gauging interest and trying to think of a fair price for the kit.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they're still on the car, i'll be pulling them this week and then will post a bunch of pics. there are very few miles on the struts, prob about 500. as i said between the initial cost of the struts a paid from turner last year which iirc was around $1100 shipped, the softer springs around $400, and the adapters and upper perches $200+, all said and done i have about $1800 into the setup. the rear conversion is nice as with the adapters and perches you can use any 60mm or 2.5in spring, the fronts already accept a 60mm spring. the setup rides really nice with the softer springs. only reason im selling the kit is i dont track the car, roads around here are just getting worse and worse so i want something just a bit softer. it a big hit but i think half of the original cost is a more than fair price which would be $800 plus shipping/paypal fee.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would like first dibs on these as soon as they become available. What is shipping to a business at Zip Code 03802? I can be reached by PM. Also, I think you had an M60 intake plenum for sale at one point in time too. Was this correct and is it still available if so?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, still have the intake. same intake dinan brands with their name and charges a crazy price for. $50 plus shipping and its your's. i hope to have them removed within the next few days. soon as i do i will take pics and box them up. once they are packed then i can give you a quote on the shipping. but i'll put your name first in line for them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
everything needed to install these is here including the 540i upper pads you need to run the stock bilstein springs. only thing you will re-use is your upper mounts.
They look good. Im ready to pick these from you if m540i doesnt. Im guessing these are direct bolt on for all m5s right?

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i apologize guys, bear with me for another day or two. im trying to get them packed and weighed, just not enough hours in the day. order of those interested will be honored so no worries.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok guys, i got them packed up and ready to go. i sent M540 a quote first as he is first in line. for the moment if anyone who is interested in seeing what shipping would be just plug this info into UPS.com. package weight is a hair over 70lbs, 27x13x19 dimensions, ship from zip code is 18447, add $25 paypal fee if you want to use pp.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Let me know if the deal falls through. Money ready to go.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks like I'm too late to the party? Can we get a "SOLD!!111!1!" so I stop drooling over the condition and price please? ;)

Obviously I'm interested, if the several other people above me become mysteriously disinterested or unreachable

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks like I'm too late to the party? Can we get a "SOLD!!111!1!" so I stop drooling over the condition and price please? ;)

Obviously I'm interested, if the several other people above me become mysteriously disinterested or unreachable
Sorry but you will have to clean up your drool and your tears. These are sold.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry guys, been slammed the last couple days and haven't had a chance to update the thread. thank you for all your interest but they are sold to M540i who was first in line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts