BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm applying for some jobs overseas, and I'm thinking about selling my 2000 Carbon Black M5 with Dinan exhaust and software. Alcantara headliner. All pixels good (recently fixed by board member Doctor Bimmer at pixelfixnw.com). Brand new front upper control arms, Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires with about 1500 miles on them. New Z3M shifter installed about 2000 miles ago. New OEM clutch, OEM replacement rotors, and red Pagid brake pads all from Bavarian and installed about 2000 miles ago as well. Have Liqui Moly 10W-60 in it. Have it checked out regularly. I keep it garaged and it was garaged in California for most of its life with its previous owner.

I've tried to fix most things as they came up, but there are a few small things that didn't bother me much and I wasn't in a hurry to fix:
Curb rash on wheels. I would probably replace them if I kept it. The airbag light is on and needs to be cleared. A rear airbag sensor was disconnected accidentally while work was being done on a rear-door window regulator, because it showed up then. The hood and trunk emblem need to be replaced, in my opinion. They're a bit yellowed. The paint on the top of the back bumper is also fading, but it wasn't bothering me much. The seats are cracked, but I believe they are repairable.

The engine is very strong and sounds incredible with the Dinan exhaust. The hood has no road rash. It and the the front bumper look perfect.

I'm attaching pictures from when I bought it last year, because this is just a feeler and I haven't taken any pics yet. If anyone could please give me advice on a starting price you might ask, I appreciate the advice. (Of course, if you want to make any offers, that's cool too!)

-Tony

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33975435/BMW M5 PHOTOS/2013-07-01 12.59.31.png

·
Registered
45 Posts
17-18k is probably a good price. [EDIT: Is the car located in Arkansas or California?] From what I've seen, crossing 100k mile mark tends to take about 5 grand off the asking price of these cars, so even with the tasteful mods you're looking at a sub-20k car. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the advice. The car is in Arkansas now, where I live. The pics are from the previous seller in CA because I haven't had a chance to pose it for pictures. With all the rain we've had, it's been in the garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts