BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to gauge interest on these authnetic ACS parts coming off a 2001 Titanium E39 M5. Trying to see how much I can get for them since I'm reverting to a stock look.

1) A pair of front flippers
2) Front grille with emblem
3) Fog light covers
4) Rear wing
5) Underfloor wing / Diffuser

There are a few chips and marks on these parts, I'd give them a 8 out of 10.
Please name your price, I'll try to provide any information you need, including photos and shipping costs, given I'm based in Hong Kong.

If you'd prefer to discuss via email, please send your messages to garlei at gmail dot com.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Email sent.

(I have meetings for the next 2 hours, so dont be discouraged if I do not replay here or in email right away)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
How much for the rear diffuser?

EDIT: can't see pictures by the way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Second in line. I am after this diffuser as well. I am located in Australia.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
In my opinion... There are a other members who have been waiting for this rear diffuser to appear. Give it to the first person who responded and not based on who will "take" it all. And seniority :)

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
In my opinion... There are a other members who have been waiting for this rear diffuser to appear. Give it to the first person who responded and not based on who will "take" it all. And seniority :)
That's nice and all but be realistic. It isn't always first come first serve in the classifieds, the seller can and will pick and choose often based on convenience.

·
Registered
86 Posts
For the rear diffuser, the buyer will probably have to take the whole rear bumper as it will be very hard to separate the trim from the bumper.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
For the rear diffuser, the buyer will probably have to take the whole rear bumper as it will be very hard to separate the trim from the bumper.
Why is that? Do you have one of these diffusers and/or had experience with installation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So there is a unwritten rule that the oldest members have the right to reserve parts for themselves, on the classifieds? ��

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
So there is a unwritten rule that the oldest members have the right to reserve parts for themselves, on the classifieds? ��
No there isn't. Some members like to look out for others when they've been searching for a hard to find part. Such members on the hunt should really be putting up WTB threads for such parts and make new ones from time to time otherwise tough luck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
:eek: Never thought I would see all of these for sale...let alone together. It's like a herd of unicorns:biggrinbounce:

OP - you will have no problems finding buyers for these items...I wish I had seen this sooner as these are some of the most coveted mods out there.

Can I be next in line if the diffuser falls through the first 3 people? :dunno:

GLWS

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Interested in front flippers I see no one has claimed them yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Dear all, thank you for your interest in the items. This was a feeler thread meant to gauge demand and value, and I think I've learned a lot more.

As I've explained in some of my messages to you, I need time to factor a few things:

- shipping costs (need to determine how much I can actually make from this)
- costs to revert to stock, respraying required. Price of stock parts are reasonable.

When I've sorted everything out, I'll create another for sale price with detailed price breakdown.

Thank you imola red for mentioning the adhesive issue, I'll bring the installation instructions to a body shop and see if they are confident they can separate the parts cleanly. This will be key.

If a clean separation can't be done, I may consider selling the entire rear bumper as a unit.
Most likely I'll keep it on my bumper and use it. It's the part I like most.

I'll keep you all posted on proceedings in this thread.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I would remind your shop that applying heat will allow easy removal of parts adhered with strong 3M tape. The part will come off clean, and the next step is to remove the adhesive off which ever part it remained stuck to when removed. Should not be trivial or difficult and should not damage the bumper or the piece.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts