BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow Enthusiasts,

I've decided to test the waters and see if there would be any interest in my mint condition Jet Black M5 with just over 44k original miles.

I purchased the car in February from Audi of Wilsonville in Portland, Oregon and had it shipped to Chicago (enclosed of course).

Prior to purchasing this car, I have owned a 1995 Dinan Supercharged M3 as well as a 2001 540i/6.
Currently, I also own a 2003 540iA M-Sport (seen in the pictures).
I am a BMW enthusiast and I take excellent care of all my cars.

I spent 4 years looking for the perfect E39 M5 before finally pulling the trigger on this one.

It is by far the best car I have ever owned.

The only reason I am considering letting her go is because I have recently gotten engaged and quickly discovered how expensive weddings are these days :Thumbdown:

ABOUT THE CAR:

-Jet Black on all black sport with titanium trim interior.
-44,300 original miles.\
-Clean title and clear accident-free carfax.
-West Coast car for all of its life prior to arriving in Chicago 8 months ago.
-Exterior - Excellent condition - not a single scratch or dent anywhere and no rust (inlcuding undercarriage).
-Interior - Excellent shape.
-Brand new rear Michelin Pilot sport tires installed in February, fronts have about 70% tread.
-Car is equipped with every possible option except for Park Assist sensors.

UPGRADES:

This M5 is completely stock except for:

-Clear bra/protective 3M film professionally installed by previous owner on hood, headlights, front & rear bumpers, all door edges, side mirrors and under the gas door.
-35% tints all around installed by previous owner.
-Dinan Exahust - installed about 3 months ago (OEM exhaust also available).
-Black front grilles and LED Angel Eyes from ECS Tuning - installed about 6 months ago.
-HID Fog Light kit to match headlights - installed about 6 months ago.
-BMW brand center console hide-away cup holder (same as TEC).
-BMW brand all-season rubber mats front & back.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

This car has always been garaged and meticulously maintained. It has never seen rain or snow.
It only comes out of the garage occasionally on the weekends and only when the weather is nice.
I obtained all maintenance records from BMW of Portland where the car had been serviced during its previous ownership for a span of about 8 years.
Also, I called an Indy shop in California that showed performing a service on the car around 23k miles on the carfax report and learned that the shop actually installed a new clutch at the time :)

No additional investigative work was needed regarding the history of the car as it looked and performed beautifully upon arrival. Nevertheless, I still had a post-purchase inspection completed on the vehicle by a trusted local Indy shop to find out that the only thing this M5 needed was a new battery (old one was original and needed replacing after 12 years). My mechanic had actually told me that he has never seen an E39 M5 this clean and in such excellent mechanical condition before.

I did not take any detailed pictures yet as it has been raining in Chicago for the last couple days. I am attaching a few pictures I had taken over the span of my ownership. I will take additional pictures once the weather clears up and upon request of interested buyers.

I am pretty sure there may currently only be a handful of E39 M5s in the U.S. with less than 45k miles and probably even fewer in this kind of pristine condition.

If I do end up selling, I would like for her to go to another enthusiast like myself, hence the reason I am not posting on Autotrader/cars.com/craigslist for now.

I am asking $28,000 obo

If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to TEXT me at 847-477-six-nine-34.

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts