BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well, I've pretty much expended all of my patience with this car and I think its time to fold my hand. I have owned this car for 2 1/2 years and I have replaced everything from a rear main seal and clutch to window regulators and relays. With that being said, this is what I have on my hands.

2002 E39 M5 with 125k miles

ISSUES with the Car:
Grinding going into 3rd gear: I haven't changed the tranny fluid but I am assuming its a worn synchros which will result in a new tranny from what I gather
brake and ABS lights on: Light comes and goes. I have checked the wheel speed sensors and all are ok. Still need to check brake sensor and abs module
needs inspection

Recent maintenance:
rear main seal replace less than 20K miles
clutch replacement less than 20k miles
window regulator replacement
oil change less than 500 miles
4 new tires less than 2 months ago
fuel pump replacement less than 20k miles
upgraded to clear euro style headlights

That's just to name a few. I am very frustrated with the luck that I've had with this car and ultimately I am ready to say goodbye. With that being said, can anyone give me a ballpark estimate on what I can get for the car if I traded it in or what I could expect on a private sale. I just cant afford the repairs anymore. I owe a little bit of money on this car so I am just trying to salvage my situation.

I have attached a few of my favorite picture of the car so you can see it.

BTW thank you to everyone that's post amazing and valuable information to this forum. I was able to diagnose so many things and ultimately enjoy this car so much more due to the knowledge passed on by others so thank you!!

Regards,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Based on the information you provided, the mileage, black wheels, and possible costs to repair/replace the transmission and repair the other problems, I would say you would be lucky to get $14,500 for the car as it sits (private party sale).

Just my $0.02. Sorry to see it has caused you so much headache.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses. The car has a broken cup holder but that is the extent of the interior damage. A few scratches on the leather and wood grain but I figured that is normal and can be treated. I thought 14.5k was pretty high but I hope I could get more than 5k for it. Regardless, thank you for your feedback. I have decided I am going to sell the car. I haven't decided on what I am willing to settle for.

Dave

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone heard from this guy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts