BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M5 bug has got me and therefore I need to let the Touring go to free up some "beast funds". This has been a great daily driver for me for the past few months but the beast is calling! This car is not perfect and has its flaws, but who doesn't love a manual Touring? I'll try to describe it as best as I can and include as many pictures.

-01' 525i Jet Black over Beige interior with wood trim
-LED Angel Eyes and ZHP Shift Knob (also have a set of uninstalled aluminum M pedals I can include)
-228,000 miles
-Custom fitted E60 rims, Conti tires with plenty of tread left
-Paint is in good condition but does have typical stone chips on the front bumper/hood
-NEW pre and post-cat O2 sensors
-Front bumper is missing a foglight and has lots of scratches/marks, was going to replace it with an M5 bumper but found an actual M5 to replace the car with :tonquesmilie:
-SES Light: Car is throwing misfires on all cylinders, HOWEVER, this can only be seen on occasional cold starts. Indy BMW shop told me it was the CCV (have the parts ordered). I have driven the car all summer and never experienced any problems while driving or even in the colder weather the past few weeks.
-Inspection: I obtained this car last Fall, drove it briefly then stored it for winter (live in PA) as I go down to Florida for the winter months. When I got the car the inspection was past due. I didn't bother checking into the problem (ran fine) until I got back from Florida earlier this year and found out it was the CCV which my indy BMW shop said wouldn't necessarily need to be replaced until the colder months (December onwards). Long story short I have ordered the parts to replace the CCV but the car can't be inspected until after that is replaced. Also, no loss in gas mileage (averaging 28 after I reset the trip, shows 22 in the dashboard pic below before I reset it).
-Rust: As far as I know this has been a northeast car it's entire life, the paint is in great condition but there is some rust on the lower driver and passenger front doors.
-Pixels: The infamous E39 dead pixels have NOT affected the dashboard. Although they have taken a toll on the radio, some are still visible and you can still make out what it says.

With all this being said, I am looking for a quick sale as I've found a great deal on an 00' M5 but need this gone first! Car is located in Birdsboro, PA (about an hour west of Philly, 30 minutes south of King of Prussia). $3,500 OBO Call/text 412-956-2625 or PM me if interested. Make me an offer, motivated to sell!

On to the pictures:

Full Album: 525i Touring - Imgur

1 - 1 of 1 Posts