BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do others do to hold cargo in the trunk? I was thinking of getting the cargo net for around $70 at the dealer or possible a trunk organizer. Does anybody have any suggestions or better yet a picture of a trunk organizer?:confused2

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Trunk Storage??

Larger items, use the cargo net. I also have the M5 trunk mat, so that does keep things from sliding so much...the deeper pile of the mat "sticks" better than the standard mouse fur. Most of the time I try to keep my trunk empty!

Smaller items - don't forget that one of the easiest and most useful mods is the trunk caddy mod. You can read about it and get part #'s from here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23027&highlight=trunk+storage
It was the first mod I did - it's cheap and easy and very useful...

·
Registered
193 Posts

For longer trips, I include a spare tire and, with the remaining space, a very small toothbrush.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts

Jaeger said:
For longer trips, I include a spare tire and, with the remaining space, a very small toothbrush.
hiha hiha hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
87 Posts

Ducman69 said:
What do others do to hold cargo in the trunk? I was thinking of getting the cargo net for around $70 at the dealer or possible a trunk organizer. Does anybody have any suggestions or better yet a picture of a trunk organizer?:confused2
I just use the storage net to hold my briefcase. Otherwise it stays empty. It is a large trunk.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts

I've had the cargo net since I bought my M5 back in Jan '02 and it seems to hold most things in place very well.

Right now I'm having to haul tires and wheels two at a time to the dealers to get them mounted, because that's about as many will fit without ripping up the interior--I've got M Audio!

Anita

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

buymenow00 said:
Larger items, use the cargo net. I also have the M5 trunk mat, so that does keep things from sliding so much...the deeper pile of the mat "sticks" better than the standard mouse fur. Most of the time I try to keep my trunk empty!

Smaller items - don't forget that one of the easiest and most useful mods is the trunk caddy mod. You can read about it and get part #'s from here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23027&highlight=trunk+storage
It was the first mod I did - it's cheap and easy and very useful...
The information in the above link was very insightful, however, the pictures can not be viewed. Does anyone have any pictures of the Trunk Storage Kit?

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
PJS said:
Please post pics -- someone -- is anyone out there?
TRUST ME ... order the following TWO parts.

51 47 8 159 479 Black Plastic Trunk Tray
51 47 8 159 478 Trim Panel

They will be less than $ 50 total, and you will love it ... It looks like it came with the car and can hold approx. 6 quart bottles of oil, or other miscellaneous stuff. It fits in place of the right rear panel (spray fabric covered) and would only be a problem if you still plan to store THREE sets of golf clubs in your trunk. Due to the tray, there is a step up of a few inches. It does NOT intrude into the greater trunk area.

It should be standard equipment on every new car! It will LOOK TOTALLY ORIGINAL. He**, not absolutely sure, but it may be OE on European cars.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
PJS said:
Please post pics -- someone -- is anyone out there?
I hear you guys....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I hear you guys....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

:thumbsup:

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman -- thank you for posting... I am placing order today -- everyone was right... looks great... :applause:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The net seems to work well for small items, other than that i usually remove it for the golf clubs.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Just ordered the trunk storage thing pictured above. $5.84 for the bin and $25.40 for the carpeted piece. "List" at my dealer is $7.30 for the bin and $31.75 for the carpeted piece.

The previous owner put a godawful marine battery box back there...seems to just be screwed to the stock carpeted piece. This'll be a nice replacement.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just did the trunk trim replacement, and am much relieved to have the little tray like in my old 540. Why in the world wasn't that the stock setup in the M5?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts