BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to find red calipers for the stock brakes. I don't want to paint the current ones. Input pls. who make them ?? does Brembo/stoptech/rotora offer calipers only for the stock discs?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I beleive Dinan makes them in red and black.. check out their website.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all i need is the red colored caliper not the brake upgrade ... for many reasons ... 1st i think bmw did a gr8 job on their brakes ... plus its too expensive its not worth it .. and if i paint it .. it wont last long with the type of weather i live in.

·
Registered
366 Posts
r tuned i have the stock calipers painted and it sands up to all i throw at it !! it ws cheap $600 and it looks sick !!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=29834&d=1163812138

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=29837&d=1163812273

Neil,

The painted calipers do look sick! I really like the ///M stickers as well....where did you get those?

Did you have an autobody shop paint the caliper for you?

How's the Eisenmann setup?

-Tom

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
LI-M5 nice look with the calipers and I love the "M" colors on them. Great touch! I presume they are powdercoated finish? That's how they will hold up over time. BTW whose wheels are those?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Neil,

The painted calipers do look sick! I really like the ///M stickers as well....where did you get those?

Did you have an autobody shop paint the caliper for you?

How's the Eisenmann setup?

-Tom

yup had the body shopp do them he used the same paint as the car from my front and rear spoiler !!

he had his fiberglass guy copy the logo from the trunk emblem then he stuck them to the paint and clearcoated over them !!

as for the eisanmann i love it !! defenetly a little quieter than i wanted but it'll do !! i got the ovals and i got the sound so im good..

neil

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Ya know, the RED calipers will help it stop better. Send them to me, I'll get em powder coated, cheap $$$, and oh so pretty !!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guys i called stoptech, rotora, dinan, brembo, willwood, and probably 3 other ones. None of them offer the caliper for the stock ones :reallypissed: I believe my only option is to paint them, OR buy a BBK.

what do you guys think ?? is there any other option ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts