BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in ordering a new M5 with Indianapolis Red exterior and Portland Brown interior. I have not seen this exterior color in person, but feel it would suit me. I have read the old posts/pics regarding this color. What are some of the long term impressions of the people who have this color? I have read some comments about how the color lacks some luster in overcast weather, true?

Does anyone here have the combo (exterior/interior) as above. It seems that those colors would compliment each other well. Of note, my other exterior color considerations are Interlagos or Monaco blue. Thanks for your thoughts.

DB

·
Registered
9 Posts
i personally love the color. but i've noticed that red along with interlagos blue takes a bit of a hit during resale. those two colors tend to be more personalized. if you don't care about resale value, go for it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point I am leaning more toward leasing rather than financinig. That makes the choice easier, since I would not need to worry about ease of resale. That is a good point though, thanks.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Daytona Bones said:
I am interested in ordering a new M5 with Indianapolis Red exterior and Portland Brown interior....

Does anyone here have the combo (exterior/interior) as above.
It appears prior to MY08, Indy Red/Portland Brown combo wasn't available. I believe MY06 and MY07 Indy Red exterior only has a choice of Black or Indy Red interior.

Therefore, opinions from Indy Red/Portland Brown owners might be rare.

I'm usually not a fan of same color exterior/interior combo, but when I saw the Indy Red/Indy Red combo in person, I knew there was no other choice for me.

IMHO, Indy Red/Indy Red/Madeira Walnut Wood is the combo to go with if choosing Indy Red exterior.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Is Indy Red/Portland Brown combo available? I believe Indy Red exterior only has a choice of Black or Indy Red interior.
Although the brochures show only specific combinations, any interior color can be paired with any exterior color.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Red is nice Interlagos Blue is nicer.....I do love the portland brown, although i think it goes best with a black exterior.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have an indy red M6, and honestly I do not think the color works for the M5. I have only seen one but I think any of the other colors are a better choice. JMO

·
Registered
994 Posts
Go Indianapolis Blue. A fantastic color. I was tempted but I own so resale was a tiny factor but mostly I like my car to look sinister so stuck with black.

IB rocks so pull the trigger on it:cheers:

I am interested in ordering a new M5 with Indianapolis Red exterior and Portland Brown interior. I have not seen this exterior color in person, but feel it would suit me. I have read the old posts/pics regarding this color. What are some of the long term impressions of the people who have this color? I have read some comments about how the color lacks some luster in overcast weather, true?

Does anyone here have the combo (exterior/interior) as above. It seems that those colors would compliment each other well. Of note, my other exterior color considerations are Interlagos or Monaco blue. Thanks for your thoughts.

DB

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Drew has Indy red....looks good to me...

Reactions: drewzMMM

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Interlagos Blue

·
Registered
800 Posts
Go Indianapolis Blue. A fantastic color. I was tempted but I own so resale was a tiny factor but mostly I like my car to look sinister so stuck with black.

IB rocks so pull the trigger on it:cheers:
Yeah, go with "Indianapolis Blue" perhaps the rarest M5 color ever.:hihihi:
It will truly be one of a kindlovelove

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1249860" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>unfoundhorsepower</TD><TD class=alt2>Drew has Indy red....looks good to me... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What is his screen name so I can PM his opinion?

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1249753" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dekil_3b</TD><TD class=alt2>Da best color (IMO) :hihihi:
People (police too) will notice!! anyaway, i always like red color..
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Since your in Seattle, I think that answers the question of how the color looks in overcast....

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1249860" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>unfoundhorsepower</TD><TD class=alt2>Drew has Indy red....looks good to me... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What is his screen name so I can PM his opinion?

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1249753" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>dekil_3b</TD><TD class=alt2>Da best color (IMO) :hihihi:
People (police too) will notice!! anyaway, i always like red color..

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Since your in Seattle, I think that answers the question of how the color looks in overcast....

Thanks.
:2::2::2::2::2::2: Drew's address......drewzMMM

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Red is nice Interlagos Blue is nicer.....I do love the portland brown, although i think it goes best with a black exterior.
Red is nice...Blue is nicer BUT ALPINE WHITE IS THE NICEST!!! :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts