BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beast has been in the shop since Monday after an I-drive failure, screen went blank and wouldn't reboot. SA called today and said my CCC needs to be replaced and should be ready monday.

Is the CCC like a little computer chip or is this a massive system that means everything behind my dash is about to get taken apart?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
This happened to me too. Apparently, it is a central control processing unit that runs iDrive and other sytem electronics It is simply a replacement part and does not require full dash removal. It took them a week to get my part and once installed, I have not had any problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
CCC = Car Communications Computer

And if memory serves me right it is located just below our Nav DVD. They must take off the long trim piece from the passenger side to the steering wheel and then pull out the center console from the i-drive down to the ashtray... which then exposes the CCC. Easy to swap.

Have you done ANY mods as the can confuse the diagnostics ?

·
Registered
943 Posts
My CCC was replaced, a month ago, due to failure of the DVD reader.

Everything worked out perfect. Running 100% normal again!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear you guys haven't had any problems since replacement. I was afraid I was in for a nice future of mysterious dash rattles and squeeks after this one.

mcw331 said:
Have you done ANY mods as the can confuse the diagnostics ?
My car is completely stock, only mod being a Blinder install, so I doubt that should give them any trouble.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Actually it includes the DVD and CD player, it is the size of two standard radios stacked on top of each other. Removal is quite straight forward, just the trim in front of it needs to be removed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My screen flicked on and off a few times the other day and then went off completely. I have no nav, music, phone or PDC at the moment. Does this sound like the same thing to you.

Car booked in next Tuesday to resolve...but always helps if you can point them in the right direction.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did you try and reset it?

Press Vol Knob, CD Eject & DVD Eject at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts