BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the tubi mufflers, and kind of got bored of my exhaust tips. I am sure there are available tips in the market. Tried to search but no luck. Any info or pics of any tip availble in the market, how easy is it to change it, and is it worth it ?

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have the tubi mufflers, and kind of got bored of my exhaust tips. I am sure there are available tips in the market. Tried to search but no luck. Any info or pics of any tip availble in the market, how easy is it to change it, and is it worth it ?
Or.....how easy would it be to make your own tips (alt. having someone doing them for you..)?

Cheaper and way more to choose from.....just imagine....you could make them look like toilet paper rolls, cover them in fur or some heat resistant rubber, bamboo tips...list goes on and on....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would try to build my own if I were you. If you dont have the tools/experience, call some shops and see how much they would charge. It cant be that hard/that much.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be better if i can custom make my own. The question is who makes custom tips ?? input plss

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Search some of the after market tuner sites, I've seen a variety of tips.

I plan on eventually migrating to a dual muffler and tailpipe setup, using two ~6" oval exhaust tips.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
sounds ugly
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. Aesthetic appreciation is personal preference. The Bugatti Veyron's V-16 exits via a single square exhaust tip. Some like it, other don't.

I think the quad OE exhaust is a needless waste of space and weight, and large oval tips filling the bumper cutouts would look great.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. Aesthetic appreciation is personal preference. The Bugatti Veyron's V-16 exits via a single square exhaust tip. Some like it, other don't.

I think the quad OE exhaust is a needless waste of space and weight, and large oval tips filling the bumper cutouts would look great.
do you mean similar to an ACS tip?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
do you mean similar to an ACS tip?
No, not like the ACS tips, a true large oval, connected to one muffler on each side, that fills out the bumper cutout. I saw a set on one of the after market sites, will post if I can find it again.

It's personal opinion, I think all the multi-tube exhausts are sort of silly. Ten (cylinders) does not divide evenly into four, extra weight and space taken where a larger gas tank, spare tire or wider rear tires would fit. :lightbulb:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Imagination required

Excess weight is the E60 M5's greatest drawback. At a 3,400 lb curb weight, our Ms would be significantly faster and more fuel efficient. Utilizing 285s front and 315s rear, would greatly increase handling prowess. A ~30 gallon fuel capacity would increase cruising range and full duty spare take the worry out of cross country cruising.

Replacing the heavy and space consuming quad rear exhaust with an elliptical tip dual setup would assist in all these performance enhancements.

Attached are photos that may offer an idea of what large twin oval tips might look like. Porsche's 996 Elliptical Tips are the general shape.

Using your imagination, transform the quad ovals on the black M5 into dual ellipticals.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
guys, I am going crazy !! i need to find a place so i can get different tips for my m5. I tried researching, but couldnt come up with something nice. anyone know of a place i can contact for a custom exhaust tip. I prefer carbon fiber.

help pls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts