BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

FedEx Do Enclosed Car Transportation - Didn't know

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  chrisaka 
#1 · (Edited)
My neighbour just sold his vette and it was picked up by FedEx Custom Critical. Was not aware that FedEx had such a service.

I witnessed the great care with which the car was inspected and loaded.

Spoke to the driver (most are independent contractors) and he told me that a large part of his work are high end auctions such as Barrett Jackson and RM so they are familiar with transporting for meticulous owners.

Not a sales pitch, I was just very impressed with the way the transporter handled the car. Their web site is - passport.fedex.com

#3 ·
Very nice. They will ship anything nowadays.

#5 ·
bonehead, wow, almost sorry I posted this, but if you don't want to elaborate, why make the post?

I based my post on facts I witnessed and thought it would be of value to our members.

Obviously you had a bad experience and posted as such, so now you owe us the reason.

#9 ·
Fedex is pricey, and one never knows if you are going to get a good 'independent contractor' or bad one.

IMHO, they are just a broker. Although they have deeper pockets than most if things go wrong.... which means they can hire bigger lawyers. :)

#10 ·
Yes, I have also heard very mixed reviews about Fed Ex / Passport Auto Transport.

I chose to go with a small reputable and referred company to transport, C. Thomas Sunday. Very pleased with pricing and service. I had a few competitive bids from other companies.

#16 ·
Had probs with DAS and Thomas Sunday. DAS did do a good job transporting a vintage car to Scottsdale for me though. The other 2 times I used them, not so good.

Thomas Sunday pretty much caused a car sale to go completely sour. The buyer wanted to hold me accountable for the transport delays. They ended up delaying like 2-3 weeks, which very much inconvenienced the buyer.

#17 ·
I used Fedex Custom Critical to get 6 cars out to the start of AKA Rally 2007. They were fantastic, and I couldn't have been happier. I'd highly recommend them to anyone. If anyone is interested, I have contact info for the specific drivers that I used.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.