BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Doubt if there's much difference. But at my local dealer the bolts are only $3.25 a piece anyway, might want to go with those just to curb any doubts?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I changed all my bolts when I had my wheels refurbed.
I used a company called tpi (taperpro). They manufacture their own bolts and spacers and are cheaper than BMW.
Might not be any use to guys in the US though.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
It has been established time and again that only parts with the BMW label purchased at full price from an authorized BMW dealer at full retail price are any good, everything else (including the exact same part made by the exact same company and sold under their own brand name) is inferior.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
It has been established time and again that only parts with the BMW label purchased at full price from an authorized BMW dealer at full retail price are any good, everything else (including the exact same part made by the exact same company and sold under their own brand name) is inferior.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Haha Rao, this is without a doubt 100% true. I back this until the day I die.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
The grade of steel is all that matters. If you can get ECS to get you weight of the bolt and compare to stock, you'd have a better idea.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Grading steel based on weight - interesting.

·
Registered
12,913 Posts
If you are going to the trouble and expense of replacing bolts (don't see why), it would be easier to just swap in studs. Makes changing wheels so much easier. Black plastic caps go over the nuts and from 5 feet away, looks like the metal bolt head.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts