BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey board,

So in preparation for purchase in the US market I wanted to get some of our lucky European friends to answer some questions about certain features for us yanks "across the pond". Any help would be great!

Does anyone have any photos that capture or compare the following features?

Chrome Line Exterior
Roof Lining Alcantera vs. Standard
Ski Bag
Sun Protection glass vs. Standard
Full vs. Extended Leather

And can anyone explain the following features:

Climate comfort Laminated Glass
The difference between M Multifunction and M Sport Seats

I know some of this has been answered but any help would be great.

Celsius :typing:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'll have a go for you:)

celsius said:
Chrome Line Exterior
There is a photo showing 2 indi red cars from ages ago, one of these had chrome line. I think this photo has been posted again recently by Gustav, if not PM me and I'll send it to you.

Roof Lining Alcantera vs. Standard
A few mwmbers have posted images of the alcantara lining, not great as the flash makes it look gray IMO. But Imagine the rooflining and the pillars in a black suede.

Ski Bag
This is a plate behind the rear armrest thet drops with a pouch covering whatever you push through from the boot keeping the car cleen. IMO looks a bit like a condom comming out of the back seat. I think this option requires folding rear seats, but check.

Sun Protection glass vs. Standard
This is a tint to the rear window and rear side windows, in the UK the tint is darker than what is legal on front side windows so if you want these tinted to match there is a slight difference in the tint.

Full vs. Extended Leather
More cows used. There is a list detailing what bits come in what colours and the material used for all the options available at your dealership, there is an electronic copy on the BMW Intranet they can print for you if they dont have one to hand.

And can anyone explain the following features:

Climate comfort Laminated Glass
I had this on my 745, its a film on the inside of the glass areas of the car. It reduces UV or something like that and keeps the interior of the car cooler in direct sunlight and probably they will say reduces skin cancer or something. Be carefull as this causes issues with some speed detection and jamming devices.

The difference between M Multifunction and M Sport Seats
Multifunction seats have more adjustment and also have the dynamic side bulsters that react to lateral G. Member Cidair said that they are very good in one of his posts.

Celsius :typing:
Hope this helps :cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts