BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a very nice Mfest meet and saw some very nicely modded M6's.

Was wondering what is your favorite mod on your current M6?

For me, cosmesis is always a plus (exterior mods, rims, etc...), but I have to say that my E-race exhaust is my favorite mod....something about feeling and hearing your car when you drive...."music Maestro!"

·
Registered
397 Posts
I got to say my DPE Signature Series S10 wheels. Nice shoes always make a difference or maybe it was the 4 month wait to get them.ouich

·
Registered
192 Posts
E-Race!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
E-race

·
Registered
386 Posts
Meisterseoul GT for the win!!!!!!!! :blabla:

I dont care where it was made, the welds are excellent, the fitment perfect and the sound, well the sound is to die for. :cheers:

I dont need a radio anymore and I dont need to have the fastest car, this car turns heards with the sweet music of the V-10 S85 engine with its sound modified by a "Korean" made exhaust. I dont know 100% where the thing was made but it has been worth every penny. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Probably Tint or Ipod Integration.

J.K. ASR Exhaust

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting....most are in love with their exhaust.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

its probably the best mod for any vehicle with a respectable motor. SUV, car, boat...it makes such a difference to have the great sound. Wheels always look great but many people pass on this option for many reasons. I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything to remove the speed limiter. I can't wait to get software.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

its probably the best mod for any vehicle with a respectable motor. SUV, car, boat...it makes such a difference to have the great sound. Wheels always look great but many people pass on this option for many reasons. I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything to remove the speed limiter. I can't wait to get software.
I want to do this as well....which software are you going with?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Meisterseoul GT for the win!!!!!!!! :blabla:

I dont care where it was made, the welds are excellent, the fitment perfect and the sound, well the sound is to die for. :cheers:

I dont need a radio anymore and I dont need to have the fastest car, this car turns heards with the sweet music of the V-10 S85 engine with its sound modified by a "Korean" made exhaust. I dont know 100% where the thing was made but it has been worth every penny. :M5thumbs:

LMFAO!!!!! I agree with you VicM5. Great post!!! I actually love the combination of headers and the MeisterSeoul Touring Carbon Exhaust. There is nothing like the sound of our beasts, especially at WOT!!! I hope you don't charge royalties on the use of that MeisterSeoul description because I will owe you a lot of money. Hilarious!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
386 Posts
LMFAO!!!!! I agree with you VicM5. Great post!!! I actually love the combination of headers and the MeisterSeoul Touring Carbon Exhaust. There is nothing like the sound of our beasts, especially at WOT!!! I hope you don't charge royalties on the use of that MeisterSeoul description because I will owe you a lot of money. Hilarious!!!:cheers:
I officially lay claim to the:

Meisterseoul name. (Sloganmarked)

Any replication or reposting of said name without my official written consent will be considered violation of sloganmark law and the offending parties will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I officially lay claim to the:

Meisterseoul name. (Sloganmarked)

Any replication or reposting of said name without my official written consent will be considered violation of sloganmark law and the offending parties will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Meisterseoul, Meisterseoul, Meisterseoul... bring it on baby! lol :haha: Too tempting!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I want to do this as well....which software are you going with?

As of right now I don't see why I won't go with the Dinan Stage 1. Its cheaper than AA and takes off the rev limiter and raises the redline 150rpm. Plus I can get it installed locally. Everyone seems happy with their AA though.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any thoughts on ESS or Powerchip vs. the Dinan or AA....anyone?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any thoughts on ESS or Powerchip vs. the Dinan or AA....anyone?
Having the Evosport headers, the Stage Two software designed by Powerchip made the most sense for me. No complaints as I notice the increased throttle response, the increased rev limiter and the top speed delimited. Also, it is great not worrying about any CEL issues associated with the headers. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Vegas with any other software, but the Powerchip reflash/ECU tune works for me.

·
Registered
991 Posts

I plan on getting headers in the future so I would consider the software made for headers but I don't know if I want to wait. Also other people on the board have dinan with headers and no complaints.

Honestly its all heresay until we hey some dyno numbers. Unfortunately the small population of m6 owners leave us with so many varied set ups with no dyno numbers. We will have a hard time comparing products bc evosport vs supersprint vs aa vs dinan vs rpi ram air vs e race etc leaves us guessing who's giving us the most power.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I love all of my mods. I think I have found a great balance of aesthetics and performance until of course ASR's TT setup is released, then it's really going to be on. But I dyno'd with darren_dallas back to back and our cars are pretty well matched. My peak HP was 481 on a DynoJet.

My mods are:

Evosport Headers
Evosport Race Cats
Evosport Resonated X-Pipe
Dinan Mufflers
Dinan Stage II Software
RPI Scoops
BMC Filters
Dinan 3.91 Diff
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Dinan/Brembo BBK F/R Red Calipers w/ Slotted Rotors
Dinan Stage II Suspension w/ Hartge Springs
All lights and reflectors tinted except Headlights
Vorsteiner DS CF Hood Custom Painted down the sides
Vorsteiner CF Front lip Custom Painted w/ CF exposed in the center
20" Neez QD7's w/ PS2's PC'd Satin Charcoal Metallic
CF Kidneys
CF Side Grill
CF Lower Mirror Covers
Full CF Interior
Hard-Wired V1 w/ concealed display in ash
Dinan Front and Rear Strut Bars in CF

Soon to come:
Pulley
Stock Exhaust Midsection with custom flanged-in race cats (Lower the dB's a little) (TIPTRONIC, WHERE ARE YOU?!) :p
And (maybe) reinstall my extra juice. Not sure yet. I already can't get traction until 3rd gear on launch. But would be fun for highway showdowns.:M5launch:

After pulley, will probably put down 485 - 490ish rwHP on a dynojet.:M5rev:

I layed wasted to WALL_ST's SC E46 M3 by one car length from 40 - 120.:byee55amg:hihi:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm around! Never knew you had the 3.91, is it great or is it great? I still haven't seen SB.

I love all of my mods. I think I have found a great balance of aesthetics and performance until of course ASR's TT setup is released, then it's really going to be on. But I dyno'd with darren_dallas back to back and our cars are pretty well matched. My peak HP was 481 on a DynoJet.

My mods are:

Evosport Headers
Evosport Race Cats
Evosport Resonated X-Pipe
Dinan Mufflers
Dinan Stage II Software
RPI Scoops
BMC Filters
Dinan 3.91 Diff
Dinan Throttle Bodies
Dinan/Brembo BBK F/R Red Calipers w/ Slotted Rotors
Dinan Stage II Suspension w/ Hartge Springs
All lights and reflectors tinted except Headlights
Vorsteiner DS CF Hood Custom Painted down the sides
Vorsteiner CF Front lip Custom Painted w/ CF exposed in the center
20" Neez QD7's w/ PS2's PC'd Satin Charcoal Metallic
CF Kidneys
CF Side Grill
CF Lower Mirror Covers
Full CF Interior
Hard-Wired V1 w/ concealed display in ash
Dinan Front and Rear Strut Bars in CF

Soon to come:
Pulley
Stock Exhaust Midsection with custom flanged-in race cats (Lower the dB's a little) (TIPTRONIC, WHERE ARE YOU?!) :p
And (maybe) reinstall my extra juice. Not sure yet. I already can't get traction until 3rd gear on launch. But would be fun for highway showdowns.:M5launch:

After pulley, will probably put down 485 - 490ish rwHP on a dynojet.:M5rev:

I layed wasted to WALL_ST's SC E46 M3 by one car length from 40 - 120.:byee55amg:hihi:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts