BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveling in July through Ontario (just entering from Quebec, bordering the St. Laurent river) I got a speeding ticket (doing 134Km/h on a 110 road). The officer said I could call the phone # on the ticket and pay with a credit card. I thought: no problem, when I get back home (Mexico), I`ll make the call and pay.
Problem: I lost the d... ticket!
So now I`m calling information to get the Ontario Highway Patrol phone # and the Canadian operator tells me they don`t have any number listed under that name.
I got the Ottawa Police #, they gave me a # where I`m supposed to find out where and how to pay and...the # doesn`t exist!
I guess the next thing is to call the Canadian Embasy....or have an "M-5 pal" to help me:rolleyes:.

Favor: I need the phone number to pay a speeding ticket.
Or at least a "name"? What would be the equivalent of the "Ontario Highway Patrol"?

Ricardo

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don`t know what an RCMP is, but it wasn`t a city cop. It way a "highway patrol" car.

Ricardo

·
Registered
306 Posts
The question is whether it was a provincial or federal highway patrol that gave you the ticket.

Ontario government web pages (Provincial):

http://dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca/dsp-psd/Reference/p-ON-e.html#pt85

Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Federal):

http://www.rcmp.ca/index_e.htm

Even if you have the phone number of the correct department, without the speeding ticket number, it may not be that easy to track down the ticket for them to process your fines.

If I were in your shoes, I would email (instead of calling) them and ask them to locate the incident in their system so that you can settle the ticket via credit card. This way, you have a record of some paper trail of goodwill from your behalf. And I would keep those email correspondence in your car if you ever drive through Ontario again.

Even if you get stopped by the Canadian cops again and they find out that you have an unpaid ticket, all you need to do is to show them the email you have sent and received to prove that you have tried your best to settle the ticket but without luck. I'm sure they'll be reasonable and let you go (or ask you pay the fines then), as I presume you hold a Mexican licence living outside of Canada.

The most likely scenario is that no one will be able to track your ticket down and after a few years, your violation record will be wiped out from the system.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just give them the finger like I do and drive away, your from mexico, don't worry they won't do anything.

To be honest, I have no clue what to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Pop Dog
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing