BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious I am so beat right now only had the car 1 week and i only feel like this when i drive my 911 Cabrio which is bumpy, loud and rough 6 speed manual

Just wondering if anyone feels this way after driving.I took a 2 hour trip today and I am downright exhausted now. felt the same last Satuday when i got the car and drove 4 hours straight.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Just curious I am so beat right now only had the car 1 week and i only feel like this when i drive my 911 Cabrio which is bumpy, loud and rough 6 speed manual

Just wondering if anyone feels this way after driving.I took a 2 hour trip today and I am downright exhausted now. felt the same last Satuday when i got the car and drove 4 hours straight.
No fatigue at all here. I do L.A. to SF frequently and I feel fresh everytime. Car rides great and is spacious and luxurious

·
Registered
136 Posts
I actually think the M5 is one of the easier cars to drive long distance. :)

Like you, I've had a 996 TT, 997 CS Cab, and I agree, sometimes I don't really feel like driving them a lot in the city as the suspension can really take a toll on you. For me, it's not so much me personally, but I feel like the car is getting a beating or I have to maneuver around road work, potholes, steel plates, etc.

With the M5, I think it's more of an issue to drive short distances as a majority of the complaints are with the SMG transmission. It can be a bit jerky at low speeds, especially if you're in traffic and the computer gets confused about downshifting between 2-1 or you are caught between gears. But otherwise, I'm really impressed with the transmission around town.

I'd be interested to hear more details on exactly why you felt to fatigued? Did you feel like you had to wrestle with the car on the freeway? Cross winds or something?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Nope. I do 3-5 hour trips and feel great at the end.

·
Registered
538 Posts

The more I drive it the better I feel.

You must be talking about driving in 2-hours of bumper to bumper traffic, then maybe I can understand.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Wow...never get tired of driving this car. Even traffic doesnt bother me too much and thats with a 6 speed. I just glance at my odometer and look at my "M" badge and smile!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I get excited when I have an excuse to drive it long distances! I've never enjoyed a car more for road trips.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This a comfortable car for me. I drove 600 miles in it one shot and yeah i was tired but not so much from the car, but more from keeping an eye out for cops at 100++

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I can not imagine what you are referring to. I can not get enough of this car. The comfort, luxury and the POWER make it for me the best driving experience.
Even in bumper to bumper traffic just change to Auto mode but even then I do not want to give up shifting.

Now try driving the GT3 with Carrera Cup car suspension ( the type that jars you so you pass kidney stones and lose fillings ) for 2 hours in traffic and your left leg cramps and you break a sweat. But you know what I still love it because when that bad boy gets squeezed the screaming sound makes it all better.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
After a couple of hours I'm ready for a couple more!:M5launch:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I could drive mine all day long, but not on motorways. After 3 hours i get uncomfortable but that isn't the car just the motorway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Another board member complained about rough ride a while ago, turned out his suspension spacers (used during shipping) weren't removed. You may wanna look into that.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I only drive my M5 long distances...2-14 hrs and love it such a great road car, extremely relaxing.....not sure i understand whats wrong with you....have you ever seeked professional help ?
do you need a motorcycle ???

·
Registered
513 Posts
My prescription is get headers - make it louder - that will wake your butt up! I've driven this car a long distance a couple times, and each time upon arriving I was pissed that I even had to stop... Right now my dream would be to drive it clear accross country till lands end! :wroom::flag:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
My suggestion would be drive something else for a few hours...then come back and appreciate your beast!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts