BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Nice find!! I'm a sucker for the PUMA ///M shoes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Almost bought the same pair , but backed away when I started thinking of all the teasing I would get when my friends would see me wearing them ! LOL
A little too cliché for me.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually tried them on in the store thinking that they are made for our "M" driving but ended not getting them. They are too stiff for my liking - I wouldn't get a good feel of the gas and clutch pedals wearing these. :noSMG: I prefer softer ones made for running.

An interesting question is: What shoes do you prefer when driving your beast? ...and please don't say your flip flops.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
lol I thought this was a photoshop at first glance.
Do these things sell? I would think one would look very "douchy" wearing such things in public.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
An interesting question is: What shoes do you prefer when driving your beast? ...and please don't say your flip flops.
What's wrong with driving with flip flops? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
This is a good question. I prefer somewhere in the middle of soft driving (race) shoes and solid bottoms. Something with a little give, but some stability. I dont have any driving shoes, but if I were able to choose, I would go with something with a thinner bottom and no heel. But since I drive with what ever I have on for that day, it varies from sneakers, to flat shoes, to dress shoes. I can tell you that I hate driving with dress shoes the most.

Oh and since my family is from Japan, can I nominate these as being the best for performance driving:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I actually tried them on in the store thinking that they are made for our "M" driving but ended not getting them. They are too stiff for my liking - I wouldn't get a good feel of the gas and clutch pedals wearing these. :noSMG: I prefer softer ones made for running.

I drive barefooted and have for years, I love it.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I drive barefooted and have for years, I love it.
I really should try that one day. I feel like I cant rotate my foot if I did go barefoot. But I do hit the brake pedal with my heel lifted off the floor for better feel and ability to heel toe downshift, so I dont think barefoot driving would affect braking much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts