BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Any advice about what round I should go tomorrow?

Is it still fastest to go the old A7, or is the newer A9 faster even if it is a bit longer?
How about speed limits, Its quite a lot of them along the A7 right?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hello. I drove 7 and 9 I think. Just put in the destination and set of from Kiel to munich. Maybe there were some speed limits. I'm not sure... I think we arrived munich at about six o'clock, so that would be approx 8 hours from Kiel with some pit-stops. And at that time it was a lot of road work, so it set us back.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
340 Posts
Whichever direction you choose make sure you leave munich before 12.00 on a Friday otherwise it's gridlock. (it can take 2hrs to travel the 70km to ingolstadt)

I used to travel down the A9 from Berlin to Muchen to work each week just over 550 km and best time was just over 3hrs (average around 4 with traffic), coming from munchen once you get past igolstadt and then nurnberg it's a clear road the whole way and with one of the longest unrestricted sections on the whole german autobahn network :1:

my guess is you could get off the 9 around Leipzig onto the A14 to Magdeburg and then onto the A2 (E30) to Hanover and then join the A7 (E45) north from there....

enjoy the trip, hopefully it's more enjoyable than the previous attempt

:byee55amg

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Whichever direction you choose make sure you leave munich before 12.00 on a Friday otherwise it's gridlock. (it can take 2hrs to travel the 70km to ingolstadt)

I used to travel down the A9 from Berlin to Muchen to work each week just over 550 km and best time was just over 3hrs (average around 4 with traffic), coming from munchen once you get past igolstadt and then nurnberg it's a clear road the whole way and with one of the longest unrestricted sections on the whole german autobahn network :1:

my guess is you could get off the 9 around Leipzig onto the A14 to Magdeburg and then onto the A2 (E30) to Hanover and then join the A7 (E45) north from there....

enjoy the trip, hopefully it's more enjoyable than the previous attempt

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping you would jump in here, since you live in the area.:blink:

Problem is I will not be able to leave Munich before 18:00. I arrive the airport at 16:15 and will use some time to get to Schwabmunchen.

They have done some work on the car the last 2 weeks. Both clutch and flywheel is changed. They have done a 110 km testrun and everything works perferctly. The clutch did not look to bad, but the flywheel had some dark spots. The sensor is changed as well.

I will drive directly home, so the car will get a nice trip. I will take i fairly easy since the car has not been driven for much the last years.
Probably it will be a good medecine for the car to get 1700 km non-stop.:1:

Will post feedback when I get back home.

BTW 3 hours is quite quick....
Long time ago we did Munich - Fredrikshavn in Denmark in just over 8 hours in the B7 Coupe . Night time and very litle trafic

·
Registered
340 Posts
Leaving after 18.00 should be allot better, most people finish between 13.00 and 16.00 in munches on a Friday, so it maybe just around the allianze football stadium where's it's busy.

Safe trip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts