BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
You'll probably see the most noticeable improvement from the VANOS adjustment speed alterations. It really alters the responsiveness of the midrange. Also, the SMG changes bring the transmission to what I feel we should have gotten from the factory for around town driving.

Hi Jim, a quick question regarding the VANOS adjustment speed alterations and responsiveness: one of my gripes with the S85 over the S65 is the lack of linearity compared to its smaller cousin. Is this something that your VANOS tuning is able to address or is it an issue innate to the S85's volumetric efficiency?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
For anyone trying to reach me and having difficulty, I'm getting a lot of this lately:
Status: 5.0.0 Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.secureserver.net Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 173.205.126.126 is not allowed to send from <fastattackmotorsports.com> per its SPF Record. Please inspect your SPF settings, and try again. IB508 <http://x.co/srbounce></pre>

This all started when I moved the website over to Bigcommerce and redirected the DNS servers to there. Still working out how to get past it, but probably 1/3 of my email replies never leave and I only get this reject notice on about half of those.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
For anyone trying to reach me and having difficulty, I'm getting a lot of this lately:

This all started when I moved the website over to Bigcommerce and redirected the DNS servers to there. Still working out how to get past it, but probably 1/3 of my email replies never leave and I only get this reject notice on about half of those.
Means your outgoing mail server is not part of your SPF records. The receiving email servers check to see if you're trying to send email from a non-authorized address (which you are). I see your txt record is:

fastattackmotorsports.com text =
"v=spf1 +a +mx include:_spf.bigcommerce.com -all"

The correct solution is to add the outgoing email server to your spf record (and remove all others).

A bandaid solultion is just to delete the txt SPF record. I'm not too sure how effective spf kills spam anyway.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts