BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

621 - 640 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Finally back stateside and have Jim's cable on hand. Once I get a response from him, I should be able to do a comparison:
1. Stock with custom exhaust (secondary cats removed), bmc filters, and rpi scoops
2. #1 plus Jim's tune
3. RMS decat headers + jim's tune

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
On Dyno? And if so, what dyno?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone else having issues with fams? I have been trying to get an updated tune and was hoping to see it in august. but no replies since then after multiple emails...
Well sad to say I've given up with waiting for the re-tune. I have emailed 6-7 times. and got 1 response in october! saying working on it.... So make sure you have all mods done to your cars before trying fams as you may never hear from jim again trying for a quick re-tune. Maybe this will get a reply/email from Jim but I don't think I'll load anything up as this may result in a bad retune after this post...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Still waiting on faster smg shifts with dsc off

With dsc on jim improved it but dsc off its so abrupt at wot and redline even in s1
Needs more work!

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Well sad to say I've given up with waiting for the re-tune. I have emailed 6-7 times. and got 1 response in october! saying working on it.... So make sure you have all mods done to your cars before trying fams as you may never hear from jim again trying for a quick re-tune. Maybe this will get a reply/email from Jim but I don't think I'll load anything up as this may result in a bad retune after this post...
Just emailed it to you for the third time since November, please check spam folders.
Still waiting on faster smg shifts with dsc off

With dsc on jim improved it but dsc off its so abrupt at wot and redline even in s1
Needs more work!
I can't say with a sample size of one that that's an accurate statement. From what you described, I've never been able to replicate a shift more harsh or abrupt than what the OEM already has. I can't tweak what I can't replicate and yours is the only example I've ever heard of from a customer, so that's why we removed it from your tune at your request.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Just emailed it to you for the third time since November, please check spam folders.

I can't say with a sample size of one that that's an accurate statement. From what you described, I've never been able to replicate a shift more harsh or abrupt than what the OEM already has. I can't tweak what I can't replicate and yours is the only example I've ever heard of from a customer, so that's why we removed it from your tune at your request.
Beniki we recently got a tune has the same issue
Its only with dsc off and redline and full throttle shift, if u dont do those 3 things its fine

·
Registered
258 Posts
Beniki we recently got a tune has the same issue
Its only with dsc off and redline and full throttle shift, if u dont do those 3 things its fine
I tracked mine a couple of times after getting one of Jim's earlier tunes, definitely did not experience anything like what you're describing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
TC off, full power, close to redline- hard shifts. Exactly what I want. I don't want the software screwing around trying to slip the clutch.

·
Registered
959 Posts
When it shifts harder on s1 than on s6 standard software, to the point i think its gonna break something you may think different

·
Registered
258 Posts
When it shifts harder on s1 than on s6 standard software, to the point i think its gonna break something you may think different
I'm guessing you've already tried reflashing to stock software?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can second what Craze is saying: when you shift in S1 at redline and full throttle with DSC off, it shifts very hard. In fact, at redline, full throttle and DSC off it doesn’t seem to matter which shift setting you are in.
That all being said, I never drive in S1 so it doesn’t bother me - I am simply providing another observation to the sample to backup what Craze is stating.

I would personally rather you focus on getting blips more aggressive ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well at least you guys have received something from Fast Attack Motorsports. I ordered two sets of headers, intakes and tune on January 29th of last year and am still waiting for the damn things to be shipped. I have called the phone number 100 times by now and never once has anyone answered the phone. Jim usually responds a few days later but these past few weeks I have been trying to get a reply at all and have not heard anything. I know these were a special order and there were problems with the original ceramic coater that caused some delay, but this is getting ridiculous. A few weeks back I finally got him to provide a tracking number but the only things he shipped were the tune chips. I don't know what I have to do to get him to ship me what I ordered.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm also waiting on the updated software so I can try to get my tune with thr cable

·
Registered
45 Posts
what updated software?
Apparently it needs to be updated every 6 months or so, otherwise it'll give you an error msg saying that it needs to be updated to use it.

Since then Jim updated it so I could access the software to pull the stock file to send it to him. Waiting on his tune now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Apparently it needs to be updated every 6 months or so, otherwise it'll give you an error msg saying that it needs to be updated to use it.

Since then Jim updated it so I could access the software to pull the stock file to send it to him. Waiting on his tune now.

wait... what? I thought it was a one-time flash and done type of thing? Or does it need to be plugged in to use the tune at all times?

·
Registered
45 Posts
wait... what? I thought it was a one-time flash and done type of thing? Or does it need to be plugged in to use the tune at all times?
No. To calrify, I received my tuning cable and used the link that Jim sent me for instructions/download link for the flash cable software.

When I attempted to open the software, it told me that a new version was needed or something and would not work. I told Jim and he said that he forgot about the 6 month thing and that he'll update the download link with the new version. He did, so I was able to download the new one to access the flash software.

I guess if you need to put a new tune on, it wouldn't hurt to check that your software is updated... Otherwise it'll give you an error.

621 - 640 of 649 Posts