BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

581 - 600 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
As much as I'd like to wait, I don't like the idea of not having timely support with the tune.
Sucks.. I guess we were the lucky ones as we got our tunes in a timely manner although I'm a little worried for later mods. There was a little delay for me as far as email responses and Jim told me he was having issues receiving and responding with his email after migrating to the new email service provider. I just hope it works out. It really did bump up the power and the items that needed attention were addressed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
From my understanding Jim is currently out of the country on other business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From my understanding Jim is currently out of the country on other business.
Then put that info on the website. Check the email and respond (or hire someone cheap to do it for you). Not hard to do. Doesn't matter how good a product is if service/support is poor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sucks.. I guess we were the lucky ones as we got our tunes in a timely manner although I'm a little worried for later mods. There was a little delay for me as far as email responses and Jim told me he was having issues receiving and responding with his email after migrating to the new email service provider. I just hope it works out. It really did bump up the power and the items that needed attention were addressed.
Yea, it's unfortunate. Oh well, I'm not looking to set a world record or anything. The M5 is my DD after all. I just wanted to be tuned for the rms decat headers when it shows up and in the meantime be tuned to get rid of cold start/smg tweaks/improved power and driveability.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hey guys, sorry long absence. Yes as Rich mentioned, a bit of travel lately and trying to manage a lot of changes. Website moving to a new domain name (shortened to fastattackms) and emails dropped here and there and gearing up to move the shop as well.

Things will get smoother here in the next week or so and a lot of changes on the website to come too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey guys, sorry long absence. Yes as Rich mentioned, a bit of travel lately and trying to manage a lot of changes. Website moving to a new domain name (shortened to fastattackms) and emails dropped here and there and gearing up to move the shop as well.

Things will get smoother here in the next week or so and a lot of changes on the website to come too.
Hey Jim, will I have an issue running the Advanced Fuel Dynamics setup with the FAMS map while running a mix of E85/93 octane or full E85?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Then put that info on the website. Check the email and respond (or hire someone cheap to do it for you). Not hard to do. Doesn't matter how good a product is if service/support is poor.
Shot you an email on your order a minute ago.

As much as I'd like to hire someone again to handle a few things, it hasn't worked out very well. One decided they wanted parts more than the paying customer and put them on ebay, another tried to pass off some source code files to a competitor they didn't realize I was friends with. One thing I've learned over the last 4 years is this a pretty ugly little industry and trust is little to be found. I'll take a hit here and there, but will keep things at a level I can manage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shot you an email on your order a minute ago.

As much as I'd like to hire someone again to handle a few things, it hasn't worked out very well. One decided they wanted parts more than the paying customer and put them on ebay, another tried to pass off some source code files to a competitor they didn't realize I was friends with. One thing I've learned over the last 4 years is this a pretty ugly little industry and trust is little to be found. I'll take a hit here and there, but will keep things at a level I can manage.
Hey Jim, thanks for getting back to us. Just give us a heads up next time. You can just reply to the paypal and then I'll mark it as resolved to stop the resolution process.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hey Jim, will I have an issue running the Advanced Fuel Dynamics setup with the FAMS map while running a mix of E85/93 octane or full E85?
Not at all. Essentially all that does is increase injector pulsewidth by approx 30% to account for the increase in fuel volume needed to hit target AFR. I do have some concerns that it doesn't account for injector timing and injector duty cycle can pretty easily exceed the intake valve open window, but larger injectors will solve that.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Hey Jim, thanks for getting back to us. Just give us a heads up next time. You can just reply to the paypal and then I'll mark it as resolved to stop the resolution process.
Already did, thanks. Oddly I don't get post reply notifications from M5Board since the update either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will I get an update soon? Been waiting patiently since august as you said about a week then. I guess I'm not in a hurry now as the car is parked for winter.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welp, I guess I'm gonna be delayed regardless since my car just threw the engine/EDC/DBC malfunction codes while cruising without an issue. From what I've read, it's one of the actuators... unfortunately I don't have time to wrench on it until I get back from my vacation mid November lol. Just bought the car 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hey Jim,

This is Eric, I wanted to touch base with you on the progress of the tune and see how it's coming along.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an the ECU at FAMS for forced induction tuning... basically ESS told me their tune was perfect and they will not help or facilitate any tuning (even though they are right here in Phoenix), so here I am. Can't wait to get her back up and running, will report back, and if it works out, I have another M5 and that will be an SMG car.

581 - 600 of 617 Posts