BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 580 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Email is the best way, just need to be patient. Jim's a super busy person. Back when I bought my tune from him I knew if I wanted to ask him for changes that it would take awhile so I was prepared. He will get back to you.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Same...I'm having some M1 5w-50 delivered today for my fall oil change. On sale for~$6 / qt through Napa, or was last week. Hard to find anywhere else.

·
1,554 Posts
Same...I'm having some M1 5w-50 delivered today for my fall oil change. On sale for~$6 / qt through Napa, or was last week. Hard to find anywhere else.
That's super cheap. I'd buy if I didn't order some recently. Too bad the mobil oil rebate is over. Guess napa didn't qualify anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
How is M1 5-50 compared to redline 5-50?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Email is the best way, just need to be patient. Jim's a super busy person. Back when I bought my tune from him I knew if I wanted to ask him for changes that it would take awhile so I was prepared. He will get back to you.
Did you just use the "contact us" on the website to get in touch with him? Ordered the tune on 9 October. No updates or cable being shipped yet...

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can anyone shed any light about going to 5w50 on FAMS?
Anyone? Tempted to make the switch to 5w-50 anyway but I read some people before warned of it? I can't imagine there is a difference in the map for this change? I my oil change interval set to 5k anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What light do you want? Its not the recommended oil

It can be used
If it helps you sleep at night
Not so much a discussion about what is the correct weight of oil. I live in a cold climate so thinner oil will help cold starts.

Someone a few pages back had said to be careful with 5w50 when using a FAMS tune. Was wondering why specifically when using a FAMS tune and was interested to see if anyone is personally using 5w50 on their car with FAMS to share their experience.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not so much a discussion about what is the correct weight of oil. I live in a cold climate so thinner oil will help cold starts.

Someone a few pages back had said to be careful with 5w50 when using a FAMS tune. Was wondering why specifically when using a FAMS tune and was interested to see if anyone is personally using 5w50 on their car with FAMS to share their experience.
nothing at all to do with the tune. I was simply saying that you should get Jim's input on 5w50. As far as I know there's only one experienced person recommending 5w50 for our cars. I'll stick with BMW's and Jim's recommendations to stay on 10w60.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone else having issues with fams? I have been trying to get an updated tune and was hoping to see it in august. but no replies since then after multiple emails...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea, I bought the tune on the 9th. No updates yet or replies. I'll give it til this Friday and then just cancel the order through paypal, if I dont get a response or updates from them.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
My tune unit was supposed to be shipped 12th September, USPS shows as 'pre-shipping - still waiting for item'.
Last email update was a month later after several chase emails. Nothing since then after multiple emails.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My tune unit was supposed to be shipped 12th September, USPS shows as 'pre-shipping - still waiting for item'.
Last email update was a month later after several chase emails. Nothing since then after multiple emails.
Lol I'll just go ahead and cancel it then.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lol I'll just go ahead and cancel it then.
😕 Not sure what to say, it's supposed to be a great tune, just difficult to get hold of?
Communication has always been poor, having to chase since the original order in May. The complete silence recently may be due to factors we don't know about, but then if communication was better and we knew what was going on, we could make a call whether to wait or not...

·
Registered
33 Posts
😕 Not sure what to say, it's supposed to be a great tune, just difficult to get hold of?
Communication has always been poor, having to chase since the original order in May. The complete silence recently may be due to factors we don't know about, but then if communication was better and we knew what was going on, we could make a call whether to wait or not...
As much as I'd like to wait, I don't like the idea of not having timely support with the tune.

561 - 580 of 617 Posts