BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

561 - 573 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Email is the best way, just need to be patient. Jim's a super busy person. Back when I bought my tune from him I knew if I wanted to ask him for changes that it would take awhile so I was prepared. He will get back to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome!! now the long wait starts!!! also, don't switch to 5w50 until you speak to Jim about it.
Can anyone shed any light about going to 5w50 on FAMS?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Same...I'm having some M1 5w-50 delivered today for my fall oil change. On sale for~$6 / qt through Napa, or was last week. Hard to find anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Same...I'm having some M1 5w-50 delivered today for my fall oil change. On sale for~$6 / qt through Napa, or was last week. Hard to find anywhere else.
That's super cheap. I'd buy if I didn't order some recently. Too bad the mobil oil rebate is over. Guess napa didn't qualify anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How is M1 5-50 compared to redline 5-50?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Email is the best way, just need to be patient. Jim's a super busy person. Back when I bought my tune from him I knew if I wanted to ask him for changes that it would take awhile so I was prepared. He will get back to you.
Did you just use the "contact us" on the website to get in touch with him? Ordered the tune on 9 October. No updates or cable being shipped yet...

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can anyone shed any light about going to 5w50 on FAMS?
Anyone? Tempted to make the switch to 5w-50 anyway but I read some people before warned of it? I can't imagine there is a difference in the map for this change? I my oil change interval set to 5k anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What light do you want? Its not the recommended oil

It can be used
If it helps you sleep at night
Not so much a discussion about what is the correct weight of oil. I live in a cold climate so thinner oil will help cold starts.

Someone a few pages back had said to be careful with 5w50 when using a FAMS tune. Was wondering why specifically when using a FAMS tune and was interested to see if anyone is personally using 5w50 on their car with FAMS to share their experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not so much a discussion about what is the correct weight of oil. I live in a cold climate so thinner oil will help cold starts.

Someone a few pages back had said to be careful with 5w50 when using a FAMS tune. Was wondering why specifically when using a FAMS tune and was interested to see if anyone is personally using 5w50 on their car with FAMS to share their experience.
nothing at all to do with the tune. I was simply saying that you should get Jim's input on 5w50. As far as I know there's only one experienced person recommending 5w50 for our cars. I'll stick with BMW's and Jim's recommendations to stay on 10w60.

561 - 573 of 573 Posts