BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I had a blast on this forum over the last few years. Great threads (from the not so great oil threads to the fun ones of folks enjoying their beasts!!!).
Anyway, all good things must end and I'm selling my lovely Manual Indy Red beast - I'll miss this car as I've had many good memories with it, not to mention fun roadtrips (with the spare tire of course - a good piece of advice from a forum member here!).

Full details on Autotrader and Seattle Craigslist (not many manuals so its easy to find). For my next car still debating between a few cars including 2015 GT350, future BMW M2 etc. Will miss the beast and I cherish wringing out that V10 with my right hand and right foot - the sound, the feel, the responsiveness.

Special thanks to jimsm6, wingnut1961, 20ducks , USAF, MKSixer, Hasan Shaikh , Irishbimmer, Impulse, gkinvest for their participation and just making this board an awesome place to hang.:byee55amg

If you guys are in Seattle, do reach out @ [email protected]. Happy to go for a drink and chat cars. Meanwhile, enjoy the ever shrinking pool of well kept V10 M6's. They are not long for this world and are likely to become collector cars.:applause:

Cheers,

·
Registered
497 Posts
You certainly have been a contributor and can still continue to frequent the forum. Who knows....maybe you'll end up with the V8 powered M6 someday.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry to see you going, but understand that we can't keep all of our cherished rides forever. Best of luck with the sale and check in when you find a worthy substitute (there is no replacement...).

Rick

Reactions: defyant

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Very sorry to see you go my friend!!
Please keep us posted as to the status of your next vehicle-and of course, the sale. Indy red is a very desirable color-especially after driving a black on black like I have for the last few years so it should be gone in the wink of an eye!!
Get top dollar and make us all feel good!!
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You certainly have been a contributor and can still continue to frequent the forum. Who knows....maybe you'll end up with the V8 powered M6 someday.
Thanks. I do like NA engines (not a turbo guy after owning and driving many) and love V8s. So likely to have a V8 powered car next. I will still check in here once in a while and post - love the people here.

Sorry to see you going, but understand that we can't keep all of our cherished rides forever. Best of luck with the sale and check in when you find a worthy substitute (there is no replacement...).

Rick
Absolutely and well said - there is not replacement for the V10. None. That engine/car/interior is a classic. The Viper's V10 is a different beast (and the Viper is on its death throes) and the Lambos and Audi R8's are different kinds of cars.

Very sorry to see you go my friend!!
Please keep us posted as to the status of your next vehicle-and of course, the sale. Indy red is a very desirable color-especially after driving a black on black like I have for the last few years so it should be gone in the wink of an eye!!
Get top dollar and make us all feel good!!
Thanks,
Bill
Thanks Irish. I am definitely not positioning this car to any buyer who wants an M6 or M5 or any lux sports car, neither am I selling it to the person who wants the cheapest M6 on the market. Infact, I turned down two people who didnt know what the M6 was. This car is for an M aficionado who values showroom condition, who knows what he or she wants and wants an Indy red manual and has been hoping to own one. If you know of any folks who would be interested (the car is immaculate, all records, not even a swirl mark) do forward them my contact. Cheers!

Side note all - my car has been super reliable and trouble free in the 2.5/3 years I've had her (most reliable car I've owned and yes, I've owned an Acura!!!!). I've had zero issues. Just maintenance. Amazing - I was not expecting that based on some of the posts I've seen on this forum.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sorry to see you go but as they have already said, we can't all keep our beasts forever (no one would get to be a newbie to the S85 if we all held onto ours).

Hope your next ride brings you as much joy as your M6 did.

GLWS!

:cheers:

Jim

·
Registered
976 Posts
All the best to you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts