BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is part the OEM BEHR brand fan clutch/couple part#
11-52-7-830-486

Bought it new but turns out that it was my water pump drive shaft that was out of order. $100 shipped.
</pre>

·
Registered
146 Posts
Interested. Please drop me a mail at pureretro(at)earthlink.net with your paypal address?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You need to reread what i wrote.... If deal DOESNT fall threw ill take it... that was directed to the person who is selling the fan clutch....:dunno:.... Thanks for the free bump I guess
But if the deal DOESN'T fall through, that means the deal was made and the other guy got it. To have a deal "fall through" means to have a buyer back out. Hence my comment. I think you mean "if the original deal/offer doesn't follow through then you'll take it," no?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lmao .... I just got what I wrote .... blonde moment.... here's a new one, ill take it if the first guy doesn't take it ... haha

But if the deal DOESN'T fall through, that means the deal was made and the other guy got it. To have a deal "fall through" means to have a buyer back out. Hence my comment. I think you mean "if the original deal/offer doesn't follow through then you'll take it," no?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Payment just sent. Been on the road so not too attentive to mail. Thanks for an easy transaction.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks, got the shipment notification.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Received yesterday. Thanks again for the quick shipment!

·
Registered
601 Posts
How did you come to realize it was your water pump?

This is part the OEM BEHR brand fan clutch/couple part#
11-52-7-830-486

Bought it new but turns out that it was my water pump drive shaft that was out of order. $100 shipped.

Hi,

I'm in the process of diagnosing the cause of my coolant temp needle going past middle during some drives. Symptoms are leading me to believe it's the fan clutch going bad but I just read your post and it made me think about the water pump. How did you figure out it was your water pump and not the fan clutch? (before I order the parts)

BTW, I've been reading the threads about the tests for fan clutches going bad. Are there symptoms or tests for water pumps going bad? On my old '93 e36 I changed the plastic impeller to a newer metal impeller as preventative maintenance. Is there such a thing on our S62's?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Water pumps usually leak when they go bad

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the process of diagnosing the cause of my coolant temp needle going past middle during some drives. Symptoms are leading me to believe it's the fan clutch going bad but I just read your post and it made me think about the water pump. How did you figure out it was your water pump and not the fan clutch? (before I order the parts)

BTW, I've been reading the threads about the tests for fan clutches going bad. Are there symptoms or tests for water pumps going bad? On my old '93 e36 I changed the plastic impeller to a newer metal impeller as preventative maintenance. Is there such a thing on our S62's?

Thanks in advance.
there are many threads in the e39 section on this issue, however, you can check you fan clutch and tell by resistance if it is bad or not.

·
Registered
601 Posts
First and foremost...I'm not saying OP is pulling the wool over anyone's eyes by not saying where the clutch is from.....not many would give it a second thought....hearing OE brand name.

But...check this counterfeit clutch I almost used (see post #43)

Cheers,
E

Thanks. I think the fan clutch at the beginning of this thread was sold a few months back. I just pulled the trigger and ordered one from tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com) where I get most of my parts from. I figured, there are too many tell tale signs of my fan clutch about to give so better to play it safe......

The fan is making more noise than usual and my water temp has gone up past the middle on two occasions now which is causing me some concern. Granted the Hot and humid weather here in the Philippines isn't the most S62 friendly but this hasn't happened in the last 2years I've had my car here in the tropics. The fan is working but I'm thinking I'm not getting the maximum cfm I need sometimes thus causing the temp to go up.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks. I think the fan clutch at the beginning of this thread was sold a few months back. I just pulled the trigger and ordered one from tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com) where I get most of my parts from. I figured, there are too many tell tale signs of my fan clutch about to give so better to play it safe......

The fan is making more noise than usual and my water temp has gone up past the middle on two occasions now which is causing me some concern. Granted the Hot and humid weather here in the Philippines isn't the most S62 friendly but this hasn't happened in the last 2years I've had my car here in the tropics. The fan is working but I'm thinking I'm not getting the maximum cfm I need sometimes thus causing the temp to go up.
Ya...I saw this was a little old....just trying to pass on some info. Good move on swapping the clutch out. You might really think about your fan too....if you haven't done it. I swapped out clutch & fan with no issues at about 100k miles: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/133335-radiator-fan-exploded.html

Cheers,
E

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ya...I saw this was a little old....just trying to pass on some info. Good move on swapping the clutch out. You might really think about your fan too....if you haven't done it. I swapped out clutch & fan with no issues at about 100k miles: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/133335-radiator-fan-exploded.html

Cheers,
E

Thanks for the info. So you think it would be a good idea to replace the fan as well? Does that go bad as well? Or does a part of the fan wear out as well?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts