BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a fair price for a set of used stock wheels?...fair price if 2 of the wheels have some curb rash & paint is starting to flake?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What's a fair price for a set of used stock wheels?...fair price if 2 of the wheels have some curb rash & paint is starting to flake?

Thanks,
Based on what I sold mine for a few years back, I would say $200-300 per wheel for a wheel in good to excellent shape. Curb rash and flaking will obviously alter the asking price.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts

Thanks,
Rears are generally worth more than fronts. Many people put rears on the front, so supply/demand. Fronts all around do make for a good winter setup for snow tires if you want to keep the 18's.

I would guess even rears with curb rash would be in the $250 range, I suspect fronts about $100 less. So with that math, around $800 for a set that has some cosmetic issues (probably needs refinishing @ $140-$150/wheel), but are otherwise round and no major bends.

Of course, I haven't shopped for a while, so check out recent sales as the best indicator of price.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
381 Posts
I found two rear wheels locally on craiglist for $150 each. They had little to no curb rash. I was going to refinish them anyway so that was not an issue.

It is a matter of how long to do you want to wait and what that time is worth.

·
Registered
188 Posts
it also depends on if they come w/tires or not. for just wheels, I would say $800-1K for a full set. add new or new-ish tires, the price could go up to $1200-1500.

5peedy is right, too-- if you have time to wait, you can always find better deals.

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Don't worry Walter, the wheels will be free to you....I know it will become an "I trade you this, you trade me that".....

Hahaha I keed I keed.. the tires came in today I ordered the PSS9's too. See, I would have lost my 10bux. I'll get a few camels and a tent out front we can trade while smoking a hooka pipe :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts