BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I took the emissions test about 3 times.

Just a reminder, my cat is completely gutted. :nono:

On the way there I ran her like a bat outta hell, keeping the pipes hott to help keep her clean. First time I barely failed due to CO. I adjusted the bleeder valve on the AFM, checked the plugs and regapped them.

Came back around, took another test. Failed again due to CO. :crying2:

This time I said fcuk it and pulled the dipstick. Adjusted Idle a hell of a lot higher. This time I passed on the CO, but failed miserably on the Idle HC. grrrrrrr

So right now, my M5's at Exhaust Pros getting a custom manifold-back exhaust. 2.5" ID, y-pipe > high flow cat > magnaflow muffler, single tip out back.

I'll pass emissions no problem now. And hopefully get some decent gains. kinggf

I'll post up pics and impressions/sounds when I get a chance.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update:

I had the exhaust installed on Friday. It sounds amazing, but it's loud as hell. The resonators on the stock exhaust are huge, and what was most likely quieting it down. I had the shop put on a resonator, which dropped the noise dramatically, but I'm still looking for something quieter. I'm going to have them put another resonator before the cat today.

I'll post up pictures and some Audio/Video when I get a chance.

Jeff

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
de Witt said:
Sounds good...well you know what I mean. Does it retain the shrill sound or is it more bassy?
It is more bassy <3K RPMs, but above that, the shrill sound is actually amplified. It sounds so awesome.

UPDATE: There wasn't any room to put the second resonator before the cat, so the put it after. Now, after two resonators, the exhaust is at the volume I like, and miles away from what it was originally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts