BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are posts about this but figured I would post update on the iPhone 6.

The build date on my car is 11/01 and was pre wired for telephone. I ordered a mic, ses jumper, the conversion cable, antenna and antenna cable. Part numbers have been previously posted but if anyone needs them I will repost. I purchases a used ulf from a board member (thanks again) part number ending in 522(6th gen I believe), I also have Intravee so I did not need paring button. Hooked everything up and paired with my iPhone 5s with no problems, a few days later I purchased the iPhone 6, and again paired with no problems and works flawlessly, voice command and phone book both function properly.

Very pleased with the outcome, I like that I can take advantage of modern technology with factory options!

·
Registered
11 Posts
part numbers

hi im wanting to fit the bluetooth to my x5 i have the 5th gen module but cannot seem to find the cable that goes between the module and the antenna,when i call the dealer they say its discontinued,would you happen to have the part number of the cable?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
hi im wanting to fit the bluetooth to my x5 i have the 5th gen module but cannot seem to find the cable that goes between the module and the antenna,when i call the dealer they say its discontinued,would you happen to have the part number of the cable?
Some additional information on your X5 might be helpful. Also are you looking for the UHF-j to FAKRA antenna cable?

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi sorry,no im looking for the cable that goes from the antenna to the ulf module,the cable has female connections at either end.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've been toying with doing this for a long time. I actually have a 2002 with the same build date as yours, 11/2001. Does it allow you to stream music and Pandora from the phone? Also I looked into it awhile back but really couldn't find out for sure, are there any voice commands for operating the nav unit or no?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I've been toying with doing this for a long time. I actually have a 2002 with the same build date as yours, 11/2001. Does it allow you to stream music and Pandora from the phone? Also I looked into it awhile back but really couldn't find out for sure, are there any voice commands for operating the nav unit or no?
You cannot stream via Bluetooth via the ULF. It is for Voice Command and telephone only. So, yes, you will have some voice control for the navigation. If you want Bluetooth streaming you will need an aux input and a separate Bluetooth adapter. Unfortunately, you can only connect to one Bluetooth device at any given time (your phone can only be connected to the ULF or the Audio adapter at any given time). I would think that there may be an app. or other setting to control behavior of the Bluetooth on the phone to solve this issue.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
hi sorry,no im looking for the cable that goes from the antenna to the ulf module,the cable has female connections at either end.
The cable for which you are looking, what connectors do you require (are they both FAKRA (SMB ) ) ?
BMW has discontinue many of the SMB antenna assembled cables. Instead they want the dealer to build them. You as the customer get to buy the antenna cable, the terminals and the connectors; then pay the dealer (or do it your self if you have the correct tools (crimp dies)) to assemble. The nice side of this is that you can have them build custom cables if you are mod'ding the info-tainment system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts