BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you have the 155mph speed limiter removed when you option the car new from BMW for cars in the USA please?

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
NO........absolutly NOT....call Turnermotorsports..Will has plug in speed eliminators....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone know if its possible to retrofit that "M Driver's Package" option at dealer (EU) ? I got 270km/h default on mine. If anyone did it let me know what was the cost please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Hartge you have 5% rebate. Talk wiht Jörg Wey and send regards from Gustav. You can most probably dirve the Hartge H50 as well. With BMW yopu have the warranty alright.

NinthSwat said:
Tnx Gustav, it seems going with ACS, hamann or other guys would be cheaper.

·
Video Guru
1,420 Posts
Speed Limiter removed NYC

msgm1 said:
Can you have the 155mph speed limiter removed when you option the car new from BMW for cars in the USA please?
Had mine removed by Active Autowerke
Work was done by ICS performance in Stanford CT
Took 48 hours to get the ECU sent out and reprogrammed

It now has no speed limiter plus the Hp is up 25 bhp

This is a video of the car before the limiter was removed
Video Google
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1503607376356491860&q=jidex&hl=en

I'll have a new one up as soon as the weather clears up

Hope this helps

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had mine removed by Active Autowerke
Work was done by ICS performance in Stanford CT
Took 48 hours to get the ECU sent out and reprogrammed

It now has no speed limiter plus the Hp is up 25 bhp

This is a video of the car before the limiter was removed
Video Google
JIDEX Presents: M6 at 170 mph

I'll have a new one up as soon as the weather clears up

Hope this helps

Would you mind sharing what it cost? I am thinking of doing this but I don't want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
994 Posts
The 155mph limiter is lazy. Ran my car a couple of years ago to an indicated 171mph on the hud and speedometer on four occasions. Felt rock steady. Speedo error may have been some of this but I doubt it could be off by 16mph.

With no mods other than a delimit they'll do 205mph per BMW's official specs. That's enough to see off a 997TT, a Gallardo and an F430.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What Michigan M5 said +1!

Puhleez!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi All,

Dinan's software also removes the speed limiter. Had mine done a couple years ago in like 30min at the local Dinan dealer. It's a download right into the ECU port. . . no removal and shipping of the ECU required. . . that is if you have a Dinan dealer within driving distance.

Cost was $1,000 and it was money well spent. Car hit 174mph on Daytona speedway and could have gone a bunch faster had I had the nerve.

Also, Dinan still matches the BMW factory warranty which gives a little peace of mind.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts