BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
That looks awesome. Any specs on the car?

I imagine that its not using the 4.4 anymore. Most likely be the new 4.8.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
bluebmw said:
That looks awesome. Any specs on the car?

I imagine that its not using the 4.4 anymore. Most likely be the new 4.8.
Given that they just launched the B5 alongside it with the same 4.4l engine, probably not. The 4.4l is quite capable of putting out 600bhp, it seems, so why bother changing?

Did anyone who went to the show ask about the prospects of a supercharged 4.8?

·
Registered
339 Posts
i wonder if this will devalue the existing B7 to a level where i can afford the series 1, E65 B7... :1:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
D4 said:
i wonder if this will devalue the existing B7 to a level where i can afford the series 1, E65 B7... :1:
I wonder how many B7s Sytner shifted in the UK so far, actually - not very many would be my guess - I'll see if I can find out at some point. I expect the depreciation will have been truly horrific, as usual.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think there have been either 4 or 5 UK RHD cars so far.. but hell if it's cheap enough i'd have a left hooker...

actually the CEO of our group as a B7 (mind you he's got an E39 B10 V8 as well)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
D4 said:
i think there have been either 4 or 5 UK RHD cars so far.. but hell if it's cheap enough i'd have a left hooker...

actually the CEO of our group as a B7 (mind you he's got an E39 B10 V8 as well)
Get him onto the board!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
hythe said:
Get him onto the board!!!
unfortunately his passion for Alpinas is his only good characteristic... but sometimes i get the impression that it's more to do with their perceived status and value rather than having them because of the passion...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
D4 said:
unfortunately his passion for Alpinas is his only good characteristic... but sometimes i get the impression that it's more to do with their perceived status and value rather than having them because of the passion...
He might not appreciate it, then, if another B7 turned up in the office car park one morning...

·
Registered
339 Posts
no fear of that he's based in Switzerland.. LOL....

but i did get some strange looks when he was in the UK last and came into my office to see a picture of my B9 on the wall...

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I love this facelifted car, beautiful :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Facelifted body but with "old" engine?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts