BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of making the plastic wheel well inserts into the fabric lined type that are more popular today? It would be for an 07 E63 M6.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, fabric. The plastic liner side that faces the wheel/tire is covered with a sound absorbing fabric. And it is easier to clean.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could just take them off and line the backside with sound insulation material
True...I need to replace the passenger side liner anyway and thought I would be able to buy one with the insulation already attached. It looks like that isn't going to happen.

Do you know who supplies such sound insulation material that would hold up?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
True...I need to replace the passenger side liner anyway and thought I would be able to buy one with the insulation already attached. It looks like that isn't going to happen.

Do you know who supplies such sound insulation material that would hold up?
I am not familiar with a product meant for this application. I wouldn't hesitate to use Dynamat or similar per se, but youd want to ensure the edges are firmly attached otherwise dirt may get in and dirty things up. Something like "Fatmat" may be a better choice, as it is a bit thinner while being at least as effective as the heavier products like Dynamat or etc.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sound absorbing aspect is secondary to the aesthetic appeal of the fabric material wheel liners.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi 20ducks, I must be having a slow moment, I want to assist but am lost as to what you're actually after.

Sound absorbing wheel arch liners where the sound absorbing ability is secondary to aesthetics but you also need help sourcing the material? Is that correct? I've never heard of it's application on "newer" vehicles.

Can I be cheeky and ask why you're contemplating this mod? I ask simply because out of all the jobs I could do on mine, the wheel arch liners aren't on my radar, should they be!?!?!? Your car must be faultless!!!;);)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts