BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to thew F10. With her sitting outside on the street in London I got to wondering if there is common things people do above and beyond the stock BMW security systems. I have a tracker fitted but otherwise she is stock.

I just wanted to check whether there were any commonly known issues that I should know about. Anyone ?

Cheers dan

·
1,901 Posts
Hi Dan,

Just a tracker and factory alarm/immobiliser here. If you download the app you should be able to track it and log in to see where it is if you're away and have parked it in, say, long term at the airport. You can also use it to unlock the car from your phone when you lock the keys in the boot (as me how I know)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Congrats on the F10 Dan....

I think Barney has a Ghost system on his F10....Some super funky anti theft device.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, first post!

Currently running a ghost immobiliser, fitted a tracker, installed a second tracker of my own and fitted 2 hidden deadman switches for the engine control relay and starter motor signal.

(I’m an auto spark and technician.)

I live in Merseyside and it’s not uncommon for thieves to attempt theft of high performance vehicles in certain areas here so I’d rather be safer than sorry.

But then again, I’m a little paranoid 👀😂

·
Registered
69 Posts
I gave up on expensive car security years ago. I do whatever the minimum that my insurance company requires either to insure the car or (even better) to get a lower premium. The best defense is to have your insured value at a minimum what the car will cost to replace and ideally a bit higher than that. I’ve had cars stolen before and getting a cheque for the full value in 2 weeks meant it’s no big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts