BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get the equivalent of a internet slap... yes, I鈥檝e googled the **** out of it. 馃槀

So, can anyone put me on the right track to where I can buy a complete set of either ACL or King standard size big end bearings in the UK without causing myself a stroke going round in circles please?

Also, can anyone tell me the actual coolant operating temp for the hot V?

Cheers :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
BMW do not supply an upgraded version of their own rod bearings.

I would only use ACL or King bearing as a replacement but I鈥檓 having issues sourcing them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Meaning BMW do NOT offer a revised or higher quality of rod bearing over the original specification, a well known fact for being such a weak point in the S63 build.

Hence why I鈥檇 like to know where I can buy a more superior rod bearing like ACL or KING in the UK.

Registered
The rod bearings are fine in this engine. It's using incorrect oil or not letting the engine get to proper temp before driving aggressively that causing bearing failure. What can be a problem are the rods themselves when adding an aggressive tune.

How many miles on your engine?

To more directly answer your question, I'm not aware of many aftermarket sources for internal components for the S63 that can be considered a reliable alternative to OE. There are threads on F10post discussing engine builds/builders using aftermarket parts (from well known suppliers, not no-name brands) that aren't even designed correctly (causing rebuilt engine failures).

Good luck!

Registered
Thats awesome for you that ish broke b4 warranty was up... Curious too though, what sort of warranty does one get on a new engine or does it stop being covered at 50k/48m?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts