BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been meaning to get over to the dealer and put my name on the list, but given the fact that I am planning to take European delivery and don't want to actually get the car until spring has safely arrived in Germany, it's likely not really necessary. I'm guessing I should be able to walk into the dealer and place my order in January without too many issues.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have today put an order in for an F10 M5. I know this may seem a little premature but I want to get hold of one ASAP. Has anyone else succumbed yet?
:eek7:well, since the car is not production ready nor offered for sale by BMW, its curious how one can actually order it. Perhaps your stealer took your deposit right early and is enjoying the use of funds for the next 6months to 9 months as you await release of final specs and delivery, but no car has been ordered in reality.hiha

but, good luck in any case, hopefully it meets your expectations...:wroom:

·
Registered
1 Posts
F10: beautiful, but not feeling it

Maybe it takes me a while to warm up, but I'm not digging the F10. Sexy design, but as Radeon888 on another thread commented the F10 is way more portly then the E60. I don't like where BMW is going w the new 5 series...it's approaching 7 series dimensions IMO. I really liked the more compact size of the E39 compared to even the slightly heftier E60.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:eek7:well, since the car is not production ready nor offered for sale by BMW, its curious how one can actually order it. Perhaps your stealer took your deposit right early and is enjoying the use of funds for the next 6months to 9 months as you await release of final specs and delivery, but no car has been ordered in reality.hiha

but, good luck in any case, hopefully it meets your expectations...:wroom:
Yes you are correct, lots of lead time - but as I understand it the dealers in the UK have been allowed to place initial reservations (orders) for themselves for the 1st F10 M5s in the last couple of days. My dealer is fortunately not the usual stealer (they do too much business with me to waste money, reputation and time messing me around - it can pay to be a good customer too!) and so I shall be able to spec the car exactly as I want it and take delivery at the earliest opportunity they are allowed to sell it to me as a second owner. The car will have an agreed low limit to miles and will not be used as a demo but only by one of the dealer Directors. Deposit wise it is a small rounding in relation to the full price. Your part of the world may well be very different, you are in the US?. M

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes you are correct, lots of lead time - but as I understand it the dealers in the UK have been allowed to place initial reservations (orders) for themselves for the 1st F10 M5s in the last couple of days. My dealer is fortunately not the usual (they do too much business with me to waste money, reputation and time messing me around - it can pay to be a good customer too!) and so I shall be able to spec the car exactly as I want it and take delivery at the earliest opportunity they are allowed to sell it to me as a second owner. The car will have an agreed low limit to miles and will not be used as a demo but only by one of the dealer Directors. Deposit wise it is a small rounding in relation to the full price. Your part of the world may well be very different, you are in the US?. M
Wait, so you put down a deposit to get a used F10 M5? How does that work? The bolded part above is a little confusing.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I'm just going to wait for the F10 M5 LCI to come out. 2014 I think lol

I am curious to what the price point of this F10 M5 will be, I'm guessing 100,00-115,000

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
If I get one, I'm definitely waiting at least a year until they iron out all the kinks. I'm NEVER ordering a car in its first year of production ever again! I had such a ****ty experience with my E60 M5. What a piece of ****e :pedro:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't see the confusion, makes perfect sense.
If it's a new car why would he be the second owner? In the US, if a person is a second owner, that means he bought the car used. The person who buys it from the dealer new is the first owner. Maybe things are different in the UK, I don't know.... that's why I asked.

The second thing is why did he agree with the dealer on a low miles limit and that the car not be used as a demo, but by one of the dealer directors? If one is ordering a brand new car, then it shouldn't have any miles on it (basically <10 miles). Also why would it even be driven by the dealer directors?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yes you are correct, lots of lead time - but as I understand it the dealers in the UK have been allowed to place initial reservations (orders) for themselves for the 1st F10 M5s in the last couple of days. My dealer is fortunately not the usual stealer (they do too much business with me to waste money, reputation and time messing me around - it can pay to be a good customer too!) and so I shall be able to spec the car exactly as I want it and take delivery at the earliest opportunity they are allowed to sell it to me as a second owner. The car will have an agreed low limit to miles and will not be used as a demo but only by one of the dealer Directors. Deposit wise it is a small rounding in relation to the full price. Your part of the world may well be very different, you are in the US?. M
IMO there will be NO need to wait in the uk, very few orders will be placed for the car so just go in and order as and when. The 550i is an example mine is the only privately bought one in the UK to date, when I/if I want the M5 if they offer top money for the 550i MS a deal will be done.:D
The "Big Car Engine Bubble" has well and truly burst here in the UK.:sad3:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have spoken to 2 dealers and tried to place a forward order, neither would accept the cash, and both said that they cannot take orders on concept cars, but have put me on a list if it does turn into a prodcution car?

·
Registered
707 Posts
If I get one, I'm definitely waiting at least a year until they iron out all the kinks. I'm NEVER ordering a car in its first year of production ever again! I had such a ****ty experience with my E60 M5. What a piece of ****e :pedro:
agree, first production years are not usually the best ones.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Come on man , tell us it's April fool !!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I placed a deposit at my dealer 2 years ago and I was not first on the list....

Not sure what the demand will be, but at least I have the option of taking an early car.

My E60 M5 was the first car my dealer had and I took it in May 2005, luckily I didn't experience any real issue other than two recalls.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have talked to a few dealers about placing a deposit! I am waiting on some more details about the AWD-RWD rumors.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Agreed would never buy from the first batch.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Very Interesting!

I don't think the F10 has anything in it, that will cause me to wait till future production batches.

Let's face it, the S85 with the SMG III and the suspension and everything in these cars is a one off and was designed and produced specifically for these cars.

The F10 uses the same engine as the XMs, which have been on the roads for more than a year now. The same engine was being used by ALPINA in the B7s with superchargers since 2003 and later put in the B5 and B6 models, so the forced induction on this engine is not new either. The DGK has also been working on the E9x M3 for quite a while now.

I would really not expect the F10 M5 to have any glitches like the E60.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Still half-way through production there may be a facelift or new idrive out like the pre and post-'08-09 M6s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts