BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 M5 6Sp Evolve/Eventuri/ActiveAutowerk/Dinan/H&R/Bilstein/Forgestar
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered this F10 M5 knob to install on my E60 M5. I have not yet completed the swap but I installed both onto shift lever for reference for height difference. Looks to be a significant improvement on height. This is on an OE E60 M5 shift lever. The other nice improvement is the F10 knob is weighted which should feel nice when throwing lever around. Here are the pics.
E60 M5

F10 M5

I tried my best to have camera angle and height identical, I know it isn’t perfect angle placement. You get the idea.
Honestly the F10 knob fits the interior design better in my opinion.
Cheers

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,596 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's not for everyone.

I personally do not recommend such weighted knob in a car that didn't come with one.

It very easy to mis-shift the car with that knob.

A new shift boot/knob is cheap enough

·
Registered
2007 BMW M5 6MT
19 Posts
F10 looks very close to the ZHP knob that I currently run. I do like it a lot more than the oem E60 knob, it just feels... outdated I guess.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,596 Posts
F10 looks very close to the ZHP knob that I currently run. I do like it a lot more than the oem E60 knob, it just feels... outdated I guess.
Weight difference is .3 ounces between the two.

I had the ZHP in my e28m5 and e39m5; ran the f10 in my e60m5 without any mis-shift issues. Any mis-shift issues can be fixed by modding the nut behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2008 M5 6Sp Evolve/Eventuri/ActiveAutowerk/Dinan/H&R/Bilstein/Forgestar
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently ordered this F10 M5 knob to install on my E60 M5. I have not yet completed the swap but I installed both onto shift lever for reference for height difference. Looks to be a significant improvement on height. This is on an OE E60 M5 shift lever. The other nice improvement is the F10 knob is weighted which should feel nice when throwing lever around. Here are the pics.
E60 M5
View attachment 950483

F10 M5
View attachment 950484
I tried my best to have camera angle and height identical, I know it isn’t perfect angle placement. You get the idea.
Honestly the F10 knob fits the interior design better in my opinion.
Cheers
I finally swapped shifter and boots over last night. I used steam to remove boots from their rings. Peels off so easy with steam. Used Loctite vinyl cement to adhere boot back onto E60 mount ring. I used the steam to stretch the leather on the F10 boot to make it fit the E60 ring. It took some massaging to make it work, steam was key in this job. I used a combination of small and medium sized Binder Clips to hold cemented leather to mount ring over night. Had to trim leather off the bottom of ring as it sat high and wouldn’t clip onto console. So satisfying! Looks great feels great the added weight is perfect. Only thing that may improve on this is to swap the lever to a shorter throw option.I personally like the throw as it is. Enough talk here are some finished product photos. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts