BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
No M button?! I guess we where all wrong. And why does Singapore get to see the M5 but New York (one of the key markets) doesn't ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... And why does Singapore get to see the M5 but New York (one of the key markets) doesn't ?
Lol .... you need a M exclusive dealer like this in the Tri-state area -- http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/161346-launch-worlds-first-exclusive-bmw-m-division-dealership.html

Believe they sold over 100+ M cars since their inception last year -- considering the size of Singapore, must be some kind of M car per capita record :haha: :haha:

Reactions: sportevo3

·
Registered
537 Posts
You lucky SOB ;) I wish I could sit INSIDE an F10 M5 like that. As for the M button this looks like the concept still straight from Shanghai so...it's not the finished product.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You lucky SOB ;) I wish I could sit INSIDE an F10 M5 like that. As for the M button this looks like the concept still straight from Shanghai so...it's not the finished product.
They gave us the keys and we could do what we want (short of driving it out) -- lets just say in place of the V10 scream, they put in a snarl that means business that kicks in at 4500 rpm and above :cool2:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Something to keep in mind..

This F10 M5 is a prototype.. looks like a 5 series, with a modified exterior to be an F10 M5. The interior is kept very minimal.. as to not invest much into it? I'm sure there are a new fleet of newer almost-finalized F10 M5's that are driving around as we speak..

So this is an F10 5'er with a V8 TT (for the F10 M5) and a DCT tranny (for the F10 M5), and maybe/most likely other suspension/handling specific-components of the F10 M5.. The bare minimum to test - not much else is "M5"?

Can't tell you much.. I was not there and there is not much photos of the interior posted above.
This is the presentation car for (used for) a simple exterior unveil?

This is most likely a car that was used in testing, and is going to be CRUSHED very soon. Hence why they allowed people to enter, and rev the life out of the engine. The car has 8200mi on it - of test driving - this car is NEAR it's end. It would probably not be wise to give a car like this with 20,000mi on the ODO (at it's end) and allow potential customers to rev it out to 7xxxx.

The viewers are still VERY lucky, but were not given the whole entire surprise here. They were able to hear the F10 M5's motor (wish I was there), but that is basically it.. no finalized M5 product is shown here - and the time for this is SOON (at least a full unveiling is due soon)

Great event nonetheless.. again wish I was there.

·
4,354 Posts
This is most likely a car that was used in testing, and is going to be CRUSHED very soon. Hence why they allowed people to enter, and rev the life out of the engine. The car has 8200mi on it - of test driving - this car is NEAR it's end. It would probably not be wise to give a car like this with 20,000mi on the ODO (at it's end) and allow potential customers to rev it out to 7xxxx.
am i the only one who lusts after the 5-Series>made>M5 prototypes?

:sad2: @ the second picture with the gauge missing OIL TEMP. under the rev counter

it was bad enough no Oil Pressure Gauge but now they took out the Oil Temp. Gauge?

or can you flip through multiple displays?

if so...then AWESOME :1:

that's what am planning for my Oil Temp. Gauge:
-Get a Double-Needle Gauge
-1 Needle 4 Oil TEMP
&
-1 Needle 4 Coolant TEMP
-then swap an Oil Pressure Gauge where the Coolant Gauge was

·
Registered
325 Posts
Loving the aggressive rear diffuser and side vents with LED's, nice ///M trademarks to really set it apart from be non M variants. This beauty is really packing in a lot of advanced electronics, wicked!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Can't tell you much.. I was not there and there is not much photos of the interior posted above.
This is the presentation car for (used for) a simple exterior unveil? ....
Yes, the F10 M5 interior was pretty basic, and not much special. M3 GTS interior much better even though it was stripped out (see above pic as well) -- CF and Alcantara everywhere

... The viewers are still VERY lucky, but were not given the whole entire surprise here. They were able to hear the F10 M5's motor (wish I was there), but that is basically it.. no finalized M5 product is shown here - and the time for this is SOON (at least a full unveiling is due soon)

Great event nonetheless.. again wish I was there.
It was a 4 day event from May 19th to 22nd. 21st and 22nd were opened to the public / families etc -- a real carnival. We went on the 20th, and had the whole showroom to ourselves.

Tested the F10 sound vs. the GTS sound back to back -- while the F10 had the snarl from 4500 rpm above, GTS was pure race car heaven :cool:

Finally, test drove the 1M, very torquey and great for the cut and thrust of city traffic / technical tracks -- but at the end of the day, still the same engine below as the wifey's 135 cab, and 1 less gear (6 sp manual vs. 7 sp DCT in the cab) :1:

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
am i the only one who lusts after the 5-Series>made>M5 prototypes?

:sad2: @ the second picture with the gauge missing OIL TEMP. under the rev counter

it was bad enough no Oil Pressure Gauge but now they took out the Oil Temp. Gauge?

or can you flip through multiple displays?

if so...then AWESOME :1:

that's what am planning for my Oil Temp. Gauge:
-Get a Double-Needle Gauge
-1 Needle 4 Oil TEMP
&
-1 Needle 4 Coolant TEMP
-then swap an Oil Pressure Gauge where the Coolant Gauge was
Check out the 2nd picture -- the Oil Temp Guage now a separate guage by itself on the right. Looks like operating temp 120 degrees celsius to max of 170 degrees

In its place, under the rev counter is the most important guage for performance vehicles -- the Efficient Dynamics fuel economy guage (just kiddin) :haha2: :haha2: :haha2: :haha2: :haha2: :haha2:

It shows consumption in terms of litres per 100 km (or the inverse of miles per galleon), so left is good and right is bad. In other words, as you rev towards the red line, the 2 needles converge, and its not just the rev limiter you have to worry about now :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi:

Must be a sign of the times -- fuel economy display in the E60 M5 was a button or 2 away in the I-Drive menu, and even then, showing only avg consumption and not the exact consumption amount for each time the throttle is pressed :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
so is the 1m gonna be quicker than the F10M5 or what? cause i sure hope not
100% no way the 1er M will be faster than F10 M5. Just a educated guess from keeping tabs on the information both leaking and officialy announced - 600hp min. The German test drivers said the F10 M5 will be faster than 555hp (X5M HP) in the context of "Do you really think the M10 M5 will be slower than the X5M?". So 555 is your minimum official guideline. From looking at the recently leaked (and shown above) photo of the F10 M5's engine, and then comparing that to the X5M engine - it makes the X5M motor look small. I am thinking 600hp minimum at this point.

Loving the aggressive rear diffuser and side vents with LED's, nice ///M trademarks to really set it apart from be non M variants. This beauty is really packing in a lot of advanced electronics, wicked!
Car will defiantly have HUD and all around cameras (front,sides,rear).. as seen on prototypes spotted in Cali. This car will defiantly have a lot of tech packed into it.

Looks like on the dash it presents how many seats are occupied - on the photo it showed three occupants all with their seat belts not strapped. Bottom right of black screen, See what I mean?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car will have two M buttons if Im not mistaken.
Hope so too -- 1 for instant power on settings for overtaking / track mode, and 1 for reverting back to normal driving settings ...

But not installed on this prototype yet as can been in the pics. The steering wheel controls at the moment were all stereo / phone related :( But having said that, there seem to be blank spots for more buttons .....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I knew it!

Luckily I was right when I said earlier that they should definitely remove those ugly old looking buttons they showed on test car pictures, located at the shift lever. I am so glad they only tried to trick us.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts