BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have has some issues with my 2013 F10 M5 - 42,000KM on the clock.

Two main issues:
1. Very ocassionally the box jerks between gears on normal driving acceleration. The DCT is amazingly smooth but this jerky change is so strange - sometimes followed by a clunk noise.

2. The clutch bite point needs a reset. On pull away, the revs will often need to be up at around 1500 to 1700 rpm before the clutch disengages which results in a sudden jerky acceleration. Not pleasant for passengers. If the vehicle engages Start Stop, when you release the brake and accelerate to pull away quickly the whiplash of the engine building revs and then suddenly disengaging the clutch is violent.

i would appreciate any suggestions.

I also own an E60 M5 V10 - from experience when the gearbox / clutch has this sort of behaviour, you just need to pull both paddles back for 20 seconds while coasting and all settings are reset and behaviour is normalised.

Is there a similar reset on the F10?

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have has some issues with my 2013 F10 M5 - 42,000KM on the clock.

Two main issues:
1. Very ocassionally the box jerks between gears on normal driving acceleration. The DCT is amazingly smooth but this jerky change is so strange - sometimes followed by a clunk noise.

2. The clutch bite point needs a reset. On pull away, the revs will often need to be up at around 1500 to 1700 rpm before the clutch disengages which results in a sudden jerky acceleration. Not pleasant for passengers. If the vehicle engages Start Stop, when you release the brake and accelerate to pull away quickly the whiplash of the engine building revs and then suddenly disengaging the clutch is violent.

i would appreciate any suggestions.

I also own an E60 M5 V10 - from experience when the gearbox / clutch has this sort of behaviour, you just need to pull both paddles back for 20 seconds while coasting and all settings are reset and behaviour is normalised.

Is there a similar reset on the F10?

The following smells more like folklore than fact to me but, what the heck, can't hurt. I got this from various sites as a means to fix sluggish or odd shift-related issues but I can't attest to it doing a damned thing in reality:

1) hit start button once to turn on power (don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 30 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then wait for 2 minutes
6) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sometimes in 2nd and 3rd gear I get this strange sound from the bottom (i can feel it through the accelerator as well).
Is this normal?
It's during slow acceleration that this happens.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The following smells more like folklore than fact to me but, what the heck, can't hurt. I got this from various sites as a means to fix sluggish or odd shift-related issues but I can't attest to it doing a damned thing in reality:

1) hit start button once to turn on power (don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 30 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then wait for 2 minutes
6) then start the engine like normal and try it out!
People say something similar to reset the E60 tranny learning curve, I've tried it out and think it does diddly squat!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this does not work - you have described the procedure for a standard E60 and I have described the procedure for the SMG F60 M5.

Unfortunately both dont work on the F10.

Anybody else have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'd suggest taking it into a dealer as sounds like somethings not quite right.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd suggest taking it into a dealer as sounds like somethings not quite right.
Go to the dealer or use INPA to clear the adaptation values. This used to make the E60 tranny a lot smoother. Didn't reset those values on the F10 though so I wouldn't know if the results are the same but I would think so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts