BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent to me today by my sales advisor:

The BMW M5 is back! - AutoWeek Magazine

Sorry if this is a repost. 560HP? If they are even close to being correct about 0-62 time of 4.5sec, I'm keeping my '09 M5.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Neither do I.

Please BMW just make it 600 HP fopr eveyone to be happy. DCT and 600 HP is enough to be a promising M5! Anything below 580 or even close to 580 would just be annoying and a marketing mistake.

I don't buy it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm with both of you. Hoping for the best. Minus the reflectors on the rear bumper I like concept!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Agreed. The M5 should not have power below 600 HP to the crank at the very least. Otherwise it's going to be a disappointment from a performance and marketing point of view.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Even if BMW says the car makes 580hp, I'd hold judgment until you see what it dynos. The 335i, which is advertised as 300hp/300tq was making 320hp/340tq in stock form all day long.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sent to me today by my sales advisor:

The BMW M5 is back! - AutoWeek Magazine

Sorry if this is a repost. 560HP? If they are even close to being correct about 0-62 time of 4.5sec, I'm keeping my '09 M5.

Enjoy.
It is all about marketing. 4.5 would be a marketing nightmare for BMW and a boon for the likes of Cadillac. The M5 is the measuring stick that all others compare to and to fall short, not to sound dramatic but, would be the end of the M5 brand mystique.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
At 4,350 lbs, the F10 needs 540 hp just to equal the E60 M5 in hp/weight so 560 HP would be an effective 20 HP bump. There is simply no way that BMW would put all this development work into a car that pumps out a feeble 5 hp more than their SUV. No chance whatsoever. Autoweek is a few notches below Motortrend in their inaccurate reporting - they are horrible with numbers.

I'll guarantee they won't come in at 560 HP. They'll have to be above 580 HP to meet expectations at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts