BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to this forum and have searched around but haven't found much on f10 m5 talk about clutch spring assist. I believe it's referred to as compression spring. My questions are:

Does the f10 have it?
How easy is it to remove to try it out?

I'm really disliking the vague engagement/disengagement of this clutch and I know this is common on older 6 speed BMW cars to have this spring.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-becker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay well, I guess no other 6MTs around.

There is a spring. Which helps the last 30% of travel or so. To me it's annoying.

To remove it I simply pulled the e shaped snap ring on bottom of spring in clutch pedal and also worked the top pin out and trimmed the too pin along the way ad it won't come straight out. Took me thirty mins of wrestling the top pieces but when it was all done I took it for a spin and It is so much better to have the same feel on the pedal throughout the stroke.

If there are any other 6,MT f10s out there here you go!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hey. Thanks for posting. I don't check the F10 forum here very often. I come for the e39 section. I do frequent f10post, which sees a lot of traffic in the F10 M5 section. Check it out!

I do have a 6 speed F10. Definitely hard to find any info out there! Have you removed the hydraulic delay valve? I removed mine when I had to replace the rubber section of hydraulic line (it was seeping at the crimp). When I took it out, it didn't seem to have the check valve installed, so maybe someone removed it previously or I just didn't know what I was looking at! Anyway, you can simply remove the piece and reinstall the hose directly to the slave cylinder. At the same time, I installed the Rogue SSK. Definitely made a bit of difference in shifting but not as pronounced as I would have thought... especially for $700! (or maybe it was $500, I can't remember).

I'll have to look into the spring you referred to above. Did it make the pedal feel heavier?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts