BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called into my local dealer this morning for them to look into the issue with my headlamps (long story but basically the beams are dazzling oncoming traffic). They as expected placed my key into the code reader & an urgent advisory was picked up.

It refers to a retrofit required & the detail is:

"Retrofit heat protection mat of refrigerated lines". All i could pick up from the dealer is these lines are very close to something that gets very hot & thus they could melt/tear/fail & thus a heat protection mat needs fitting.

The dealer stated it was not & would not become a product recall but was best to get it done ASAP so i'm booked in this Friday. They couldn't confirm which MY's it relates to but i'd hazard a guess it's all of them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Called into my local dealer this morning for them to look into the issue with my headlamps (long story but basically the beams are dazzling oncoming traffic). They as expected placed my key into the code reader & an urgent advisory was picked up.

"Retrofit heat protection mat of refrigerated lines". All i could pick up from the dealer is these lines are very close to something that gets very hot & thus they could melt/tear/fail & thus a heat protection mat needs fitting.

The dealer stated it was not & would not become a product recall but was best to get it done ASAP so i'm booked in this Friday. They couldn't confirm which MY's it relates to but i'd hazard a guess it's all of them.
When was your car built Paul?.
Mine goes in Friday for first service and computer update check. Thanks John

·
Registered
970 Posts

Mine was in over the weekend to have a misfire to cylinder one sorted along with the heat protection (you mention above) and ticking noise from front axle/bearings (on turning). My car was registered December 2011 so I guess its MY12?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine was in over the weekend to have a misfire to cylinder one sorted along with the heat protection (you mention above) and ticking noise from front axle/bearings (on turning). My car was registered December 2011 so I guess its MY12?
Mine was built September 2014, the so called latest model.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When was your car built Paul?.
Mine goes in Friday for first service and computer update check. Thanks John
Mine is a MY15 & was built in April this year. I don't believe the new MY16 goes into build until March/April so i'd be confident yours will also be a MY15 & i'd expect the Advisory to apply. Although it's possible BMW could have introduced this retrofit on recent builds, so defo worth checking when you're goes in on Friday.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Mine is a MY15 & was built in April this year. I don't believe the new MY16 goes into build until March/April so i'd be confident yours will also be a MY15 & i'd expect the Advisory to apply. Although it's possible BMW could have introduced this retrofit on recent builds, so defo worth checking when you're goes in on Friday.
Thanks will get it checked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was registered in march 2012 and is also having the heat protection done while it has new turbo's fitted. service advisor thought it applied to all F10 M5 models and they received the fit notice back in mid October 2014. so anything built before then should get the update if visiting a main dearlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts