BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to order a new M6 GC to replace my Panamera (don't like the AWD and I have had it for 5 years). All signs point to an LCI for 2016, which I would wait for. Assuming they change the lights and bumpers it is usually a nice update. Question is; based on history when do you think the LCI could be ordered and does anyone have any more insight into the changes.

I haven't posted or viewed much on this site since driving the Porsche but I must say the M6GC has checked all the boxes for me and despite being willing to look at MB and Audi nothing comes close for me. :byebye:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I am looking to order a new M6 GC to replace my Panamera (don't like the AWD and I have had it for 5 years). All signs point to an LCI for 2016, which I would wait for. Assuming they change the lights and bumpers it is usually a nice update. Question is; based on history when do you think the LCI could be ordered and does anyone have any more insight into the changes.

I haven't posted or viewed much on this site since driving the Porsche but I must say the M6GC has checked all the boxes for me and despite being willing to look at MB and Audi nothing comes close for me. :byebye:
Not sure on the lifecycle of the M6 but the M5 LCi was last year (around August) so i'd have thought the M6 would have been the same time.

Never heard of BMW doing 2 LCi versions during the life of a model so if the M6 was done last year as per the M5 then i can't see anything major changing for 2016. However if the M6 is behind the M5 then ignore my post completely.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Minor changes were done week 37 this year, mine has these updates, it should be here next week or so.
Nothing great though.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Minor changes were done week 37 this year, mine has these updates, it should be here next week or so.
Nothing great though.
Hi John. What were the changes in week 37 & when was week 37 in BMW speak?

Mines a MY15 on a 14 plate & was built in April this year. My car has some revisions over the MY14 car (upshift indicator in paddle mode next to the gear display on the dash being one of those) i had before but i'm not aware of further revisions this year??

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hi John. What were the changes in week 37 & when was week 37 in BMW speak?

Mines a MY15 on a 14 plate & was built in April this year. My car has some revisions over the MY14 car (upshift indicator in paddle mode next to the gear display on the dash being one of those) i had before but i'm not aware of further revisions this year??
Hi Paul, Heated steering wheel warning lamp on dash display, slight lowering of engine emissions , button changes on steering wheel (i think it is will check).
Software on INFOtainment upgraded.
Some other stuff I can't find, nothing much.
Adaptive HBA changed to work, again I will check mine should be here next weekend.
Week 40 was started Last Monday.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if you didn't see it the M6 received an LCI for '16 but the M6 production is delayed due to carbon fiber issue? Last I heard it would be September but nothing confirmed. So.....I bought a 2014 frozen silver, comp, exec, night vision, carbon, brown full leather with white contrast stitch. It was used so I saved a lot of coin. Very happy to be back in a bimmer. :)

·
1,928 Posts
Oh goodie. An opportunity for me to ask a dumb newbie question...

What does LCI stand for/actually mean? Is it what I'd call an MLU?

Thanks,

Simon

·
1,928 Posts
Seriously? Where the Hell do they get these acronyms?

Thanks for enlightening me - it is the same as my MLU (Mid Life Update) but after the marketing weenies got their hands on it...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seriously? Where the Hell do they get these acronyms?

Thanks for enlightening me - it is the same as my MLU (Mid Life Update) but after the marketing weenies got their hands on it...
I couldn't say with any certainty but, from the wording alone, it sounds like the same thing (albeit having been violated by Marketing folks).

·
1,928 Posts
Violated. Only a Brit can get away with words like that - it sounds wrong with an American accent... ;)

How long have you been over there? I was based in San Diego for a while, as well as Alabama ("Y'all ain't from round here but you sure do talk purdy") and also did a while in Virginia, but somehow though the opportunity was there I never wanted to stay. I do like it there, I guess I just prefer it here...

Sorry. I'm rambling. Been a reflective sort of day.

SB

·
Registered
756 Posts
Violated. Only a Brit can get away with words like that - it sounds wrong with an American accent... ;)

How long have you been over there? I was based in San Diego for a while, as well as Alabama ("Y'all ain't from round here but you sure do talk purdy") and also did a while in Virginia, but somehow though the opportunity was there I never wanted to stay. I do like it there, I guess I just prefer it here...

Sorry. I'm rambling. Been a reflective sort of day.

SB
:) Yes, the British accent is a "tool" to wield for sure.

I've been here for 20+ years--kinda lost track of it now. 15 years in Florida and now in the Seattle area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts