BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat in my first f10 5 series yesterday at a local dealer. Initial impression was leather work and stitiching is better than e60 and more Audi-like. I was extremely unimpressed with plastics used on vents, ashtray, and seats--they seem to "glossier" much like cheap plastics you see in American cars. The vents do not have the solid feel of the e60 but are thinner and flimsier. Im sure it was weight savings but even the ash tray did not feel up to the previous quality I am used to. I have been very pleased with the quality of leather work and interior in my 2010 m6 and will likely move to f10 m5 at some point. I hope im wrong in my view.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
You may be right that the quality is not on par with the older, bit that always might be the case for first year runs of new generation. I agree that the new 5-series interiour looks great and a big step up from the previous E60 5-series generation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I disagree. The overall build quality of the interior of the F10 is outstanding and the materials used, IMO, are definately a step ahead of the E60. I agree that the leather work is outstanding to! Unfortunately the quality of the Dakota leather is no where near to the quality of Merino leather.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Interior looks very bland, especially the layout of the dash/radio. Not happy with my E60 layout, and was disappointed to see the same ****.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I disagree. The overall build quality of the interior of the F10 is outstanding and the materials used, IMO, are definately a step ahead of the E60. I agree that the leather work is outstanding to! Unfortunately the quality of the Dakota leather is no where near to the quality of Merino leather.
Non-M E60 cars used Dakota leather and the E60 M5 used (superior) Merino leather - I see no reason for this to be any different on the F10.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am well aware of that....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

I disagree. I dont think the quality of the materials are better. My opinion is they used lighter plastics and while the layout, electronics appear to be better i was not impressed with the cheap feeling vents, the tubes you see in the vents, the flimsy cheap feeling ash tray and thinner plastics around the base of the seats.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I disagree. I dont think the quality of the materials are better. My opinion is they used lighter plastics and while the layout, electronics appear to be better i was not impressed with the cheap feeling vents, the tubes you see in the vents, the flimsy cheap feeling ash tray and thinner plastics around the base of the seats.
Sir, you are comparing a 5 series car with your M6.

I am sure the interior of the new M5 and M6 shall not be inferior to the current ones in any way.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I haven't sat in the new 5 Series so I can't really comment, but all I will say is that the M5 interior is always a HUGE upgrade from the standard 5 series interior. It will have nicer leather, better wood/aluminum trim etc., for sure.

afc1
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I haven't sat in the new 5 Series so I can't really comment, but all I will say is that the M5 interior is always a HUGE upgrade from the standard 5 series interior. It will have nicer leather, better wood/aluminum trim etc., for sure. afc1
However the vents, knobs, etc. will still be common to non-M and M models. So, those who think the parts are flimsier in the F10 compared to the E60 should not count on an improvement in the M5 in that regard.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I think the F10 interior is much better than the E60, it's a mini F01!

It's a nice place to be and I've only been in an F10 520D! Albeit a highly spec demo one. Nevertheless I can't wait to see the finished M5 interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts