BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

F10 feels like driving a boat

12K views 45 replies 29 participants last post by  M5 Authority 
Interesting....

I don't understand why BMW keeps making these cars bigger and bigger.....

Reactions: Terabass
You are right, especially about people being able to DRIVE the car instead of being driven by it.

But look at the U.S. from a driving perspective? Even on the "opne road", speed limits of 65 or 70 mph if you are lucky. No where to stretch a cars legs. No need to be involved (like say the autobahn) because people have no lane discipline, no awareness of surrounds and no real need for top end. So to while away the time, you get all kinds of electronic gizmos, gazillion watt stereos, heat/cool/ massaging seats, cupholders (ok, I like mine in the morning for coffee on my 65 mph highway jaunt to the office), lane departure warning (what, I was supposed to stay in my lane all by myself?), automatic braking (what, I have to judge stopping distances and decide how HARD to push the brakes, even with ABS since you can't even lock up the brakes in most situations), etc.

Yup, not really a surprise, but no less a disappointment. There will be a niche for car companies that can still put out an exciting product that the driver drives. I would have to say the Porsche is still in the lead, although they have to keep up with other car companies too.....

Regards,
Jerry
Amen Jerry!
Granted, I am a bit biased.....but the latest two generations of BMWs since the E39/E46 have been airballs for me....
The only thing that has slightly interested me is the E92 M3 (probably because it is basically my M5 LOL)

Brian

Remove everything that makes it a luxury vehicle. At that point, you ask yourself why you bought the M5 and not the ZR1.
EXACTLY! Sometimes we get caught up in this and lose the forest through the trees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.