Ill take em too lol.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine are coming due soon... If no one has done it yet the cost comparison and a DIY, please!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are they a direct changeout?

T

·
0 Posts
So do these bolt straight on?

I thought the F10 had slightly larger discs?

They are 0.25" larger up front.

X6m brakes fit the E60 m5 as well. They are almost identical to the f10 m5 brakes aside from the 2-piece rotor design.

BMW makes all their hubs very similar. For example, I have e60 m5 brakes on my 745i E65

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
691 Posts

X6m brakes fit the E60 m5 as well. They are almost identical to the f10 m5 brakes aside from the 2-piece rotor design.

BMW makes all their hubs very similar. For example, I have e60 m5 brakes on my 745i E65

Troy,
When you say brakes are we talking about the whole thing calliper, bracket, rotor or just the rotors?

I like the idea of searching around scrap yards (breakers) for a cheap almost oem BBK 😄

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spoke with my friend and he has a pair available for sale. I can your contact info to him if anyone's interested, just pm me. I have the f10 m5 brakes with me now but won't be changing them until mine are due(might take a month or two). But once I change it ill be sure to let you guys know the process and how it went

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The car won't be with me for a while as its going to be with Alex at Gintani for a stage 2 supercharger kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't really know anything about the F10 braking system. Is there any real advantages over the E60's with the exception of rotor size? Are people swapping out the OEM E60 calipers for the newer F10 ones too?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Any more info on this? I can't stand that the E60 has tiny brakes compared the AMGs :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are they a direct changeout?
Here are some of the differences between the F10 & E60 brake setups.

BMW M5 F10 rotors & calipers (for non carbon brakes):
Front - 400x36mm w/6 piston fixed caliper
Rear - 396x24mm w/1 piston floating caliper

Here is a front F10 caliper for carbon rotors, which mounts the same way as F10 non carbon (blue) caliper. These are considered radial or top mount calipers.

BMW M5 E60 rotor sizes and calipers:
Front - 374x36mm w/2 piston floating caliper
Rear - 370x26mm w/1 piston floating caliper

Here is the E60 front caliper which is a floating 2 piston with axial type mounts. This means it bolts on from the side unlike the F10 calipers that are mounted from the top.

Now back to the question of "Are they a direct changeout?"
What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts