BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I reckon is going to happen :

Weber is somehow going to take out Alonso.

Button is somehow going to tangle with Vettel, cause some damage to Vettel, stay ahead of him as Vettel struggles to keep in touch.

Meanwhile Hamilton will be away and gone with amazing race pace.

1 Hamilton
2 Button
3 Massa
4 Vettel
etc

Cmon HAMILTON !!!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Go Hamilton!

Reactions: M5 London

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Its pretty clear that the Red Bull car is faster than the McClaren but I do believe Hamilton is a faster driver and if he was in a Red Bull he would have won this year. Hopefully next year the McClaren will be more competitive but if Vettel wins (11 laps to go) it will be OK. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's earnt it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Brilliant result.

All the better as Alonso had to sulk off podium.

Brilliant drive not only by Vettel, but by both Renaults too.

Alonso got what he deserved IMO for the shocking blatant team orders fiasco early on in the season

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bugger !

Well done Vettel.

Unlucky Alonso LOL :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its pretty clear that the Red Bull car is faster than the McClaren but I do believe Hamilton is a faster driver and if he was in a Red Bull he would have won this year. Hopefully next year the McClaren will be more competitive but if Vettel wins (11 laps to go) it will be OK. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and he's earnt it.
Brilliant result.

All the better as Alonso had to sulk off podium.

Brilliant drive not only by Vettel, but by both Renaults too.

Alonso got what he deserved IMO for the shocking blatant team orders fiasco early on in the season
I agree on all comments !!!!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yes a very good ending. Much better result than Alonso winning. Button had a good first season with McLaren.

Even I could overtake Petrov :)

Quality!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Congratulations to Vettel.. Mid season when he took Webber out, he looked like an idiot.. now he is the WDC and that is all that matters..
As for Alono, i respective his talent and he bags the points when he can but the team strategy cost him because they were too focused on Webber.. As for Team orders for the red team (who cares) everyone does it.. The red team just goes out of their way to make it more obvious.. don't know why they don't just bring one driver to the pits and let the other guy continue.. Red bull were just too good especiialy on high downforce tracks this year.. WDC & WCC is not easy in F1 let alone for a team that arrived in F1 6yrs ago i think..

I reckon Alonso not going to get too many sympathy esp from a certain someone named Ron Dennis in Woking :biggrin:..
Im sure Alonso will win many more WDC and well as the hamster. This year was Up and down season but better than last year's bore with Button cruising to victory but not as good as 08 when the hamster overtook at last turn to clinch WDC from Massa.. that was epic..

Reactions: M5 London

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
He was 4 corners from the end ;) Proper edge of the seat stuff.

I live in Woking and drive past McClaren's facilities all the time. They have a massive stone sign infront of their place that is lit white 24 hours a day. When he won, they lit it Red and I think wrong "Congratualtions Lewis" on it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hamilton and Vettel are my favorites. Very happy with the result! I despise Mark Webber!!

I believed in Vettel this year from the very start....in my opinion he is without a doubt the fastest driver in F1. He is also young, and it shows in his driving style at times. I was pulling my hair when he took himself out of a few races this year.

All in all, this was a fantastic year for F1. I love this sport!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Congratulations to Vettel.. Mid season when he took Webber out, he looked like an idiot.. now he is the WDC and that is all that matters..
As for Alono, i respective his talent and he bags the points when he can but the team strategy cost him because they were too focused on Webber.. As for Team orders for the red team (who cares) everyone does it.. The red team just goes out of their way to make it more obvious.. don't know why they don't just bring one driver to the pits and let the other guy continue.. Red bull were just too good especiialy on high downforce tracks this year.. WDC & WCC is not easy in F1 let alone for a team that arrived in F1 6yrs ago i epic..
Plus 1 on that

I think button is a great driver and given the right package the fastest, just not the fastest racer unfortunately, Think he proved a lot this season.

Also Brawn done well last year as did Button. Fairytale stuff. Still did well this year as most thought he would suck. Hope he turns the championship upside down next year and regains the drivers championship, unlikely but can hope. Hamilton was my 2nd choice this year then Webber

ABA in my opinion don't like the sulking spoilt brat. Jesus Massa went through what he did last year and to come back to be the lackey not good

Hope Massa does better too

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did you guys see what he did whit his hand to petrov,what an ashole.
Lol !! Petrov wasn't taking any rubbish from him when he did so either :

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Redbull pitted Webber, on purpose with a dud strategy, knowing Ferrari would follow suite with Alonso, WITHOUT THINKING IT THROUGH....Its not like they have Ross Braun as their tactician anymore ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Glad to see Vetel win. Especially since it was going to take a miracle for Hamilton to win it. I just didn't want Alonzo taking it this year. I can't stand that guy. I didn't want Webber winning it either. Something about him I just don't care for. It was a very good season overall though. A lot of spectacular races and the top 5 drivers in the hunt up to the last race. I'll miss my early Sunday mornings of the F1 race and java. :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
"Vitaly, Fernando is not faster than you. Can you confirm that you find this as funny as we do?"

:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was rooting for Webber, so a bit disappointed. Agree that Alonso got everything that he had coming to him. I do wish they could get the cars to a point where passing isn't a freakish occurrence, some of the tracks make some very boring processionals.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts