BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made from 100% carbon fibre, the plenum / airbox will greatly enhance the sound and performance of your E34 M5 3.8i.

Current retail price £ 2059.65.

We have one in stock which we are letting go for £ 900.00 + postage

Send us a pm or call the office if your are interested

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hi, what kind of a performance gain are we talking about if this is installed on a 3.8 M5?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

We have never fitted one these ourselves, only sold them to tuners / customers, we are told depending on mapping etc gains of up to around 25 bhp are possible. And of course a lovely induction sound ....

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hi

We have never fitted one these ourselves, only sold them to tuners / customers, we are told depending on mapping etc gains of up to around 25 bhp are possible. And of course a lovely induction sound ....
Well ,,i have no proof but 25 horses are an unbeliveble figure IMO

rumours outhere have sometimes said + 5 .. and a torqueloss ((and i belive that)) the gain is in the high rev-range ,, and the midrange power is not as good as oem w/torque-flap

but one thing is for sure,, the sound is gorgeous

on an engine that is only used for racing ,, and will be remapped with MAF-delete and resonator-delete ,,this could be an alternative

ps,, this is just my opinion

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for posting, and all fair comment.

as i say we have not fitted one of these before, and are only quoting manufacturer estimates given to us, and alos thinking of similar intakes on E36 and E46 M3 cars we did in the past .

all the best
roy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts